iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Close Tornado Yesterday

Started by Qweaver, June 25, 2010, 08:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

We were felling trees yesterday when I noticed the sky getting dark. I suggested that we take a break and check the radar.  Sure enough a strong band of thunder storms was approaching and they hit us a few minutes later.  The lights went out and it blew and rained like any hurricane that I've seen. (and I've been in several)  Turns out a tornado hit just about a mile to the south of us and man did it rip things up.  Wind is amazing!   There are limbs all over the place but no real damage for us.  But go one mile south and it looks like a war zone.  It rained so hard that we could not even see Cousin Rodney's house which is only 200' away.  The news did not report any injuries.  The cabin is very rigid and I could detect no movement or shuttering during the storm.  Our bayhouse in Texas moves a lot in heavy wind... scary actually...but they say that's what they should do.  We seldom have Tornado in this area and I'm happy about that.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

LOGDOG

That was a good call Quinton. Sometimes that sixth sense kicks in and saves our butts. We've got a big storm brewing at this very moment as I'm typing. When it's really booming it's good to know you're in a structure that can stand up to it. Seems like the  weather's really been crazy the last couple of years. Glad you guys are ok.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!