iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 40 hydraulic power feed problem

Started by Mike_M, June 22, 2010, 09:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_M

I just got the Woodmizer out from under the cover after some down time and spent yesterday getting it ready to mill. I put a new battery in it, lubed and greased all the needed areas, and got it running. Everything works except when I flip the power feed handle forward it won't move. The head moves freely back and forth along the rail and it moves with power in reverse. When I do flip the switch forward the setworks screen goes blank. I called Woodmizer today and have a couple of things to try, but was wondering if anyone else has ever had this type of issue? Any help would be great. Thanks Mike.

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer servce will be you best help. 

Did you pull the dash cover and Accuset panel to see if maybe some mice may have been at work in there?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

I just replaced my forward power feed solenoid.  It would "click" when I moved the forward lever, but I had no movement.   Your setworks screen going blank indicates that you are loosing power to it also.

I'd follow the WM technician's advice.  As Bibby said, they know their stuff.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mike_M

Thanks for information. I did pull the control panel and the setworks box both to check for mice damage, corrosion, and loose wires. Everything looked good. I talked with Woodmizer today and they offered me some things to try. I was on duty at the fire house so I will try a few ideas first thing in the morning when I get home. Thanks again.

ljmathias

Had the same problem on mine and it was the control board, but it was easy to trouble shoot as the lights on it clearly show the problem (at least if you have a WM tech on the line while you're looking at it...).  Good luck- whatever it is, it'll be easy to fix but not so cheap.   :)

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Mike_M

Problem solved  8) Wire pinched and shorting out on the rear panel cover. Everything is working top notch. Thanks for all the input. I will echo what everyone else says about Wood Mizer Cutsomer Service. They are fantastic!!!

Thank You Sponsors!