iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How Sweet It Is !!!!

Started by DR_Buck, June 18, 2010, 11:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

I took the cash from my last saw milling job and splurged for the new spiral/helix cutting head for my Woodmaster 718 planer.   All I can say is WOW !  What a difference. Almost no noise while planing.   The planer actually rattles making more noise when I'm not planing than when I run a board under the new cutter head.   It is soooooo quiet.   And the surface on the boards is really smooth.   I can't believe I waited so long to do this. 

Expensive, but worth it.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

SwampDonkey

And here I haven't gotten around to sharpening my old blades and installing my new motor in my old Trade Master planer yet. :D

Some of you guys are spoiled rotten.  ;D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodhick

Yeah I would really like to have one of the byrd heads but one for my planer is $4795 :o.  Just cant do that for the cutterhead when I only paid $1,000 for the planer.  I may put one in my jointer (12") at some time though.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

OneWithWood

It is nice.  I installed one a year or so ago and have really been pleased with the result.

BTW, I finally got around to adding the Wixey indicator.   We can compare notes at the piggy party.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DR_Buck

Quote from: OneWithWood on June 21, 2010, 12:19:56 PM
It is nice.  I installed one a year or so ago and have really been pleased with the result.

BTW, I finally got around to adding the Wixey indicator.   We can compare notes at the piggy party.  ;)

How do you like the Wixey compared to the other one?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

OneWithWood

There is no comparison - the Wixey is far superior!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!