iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stOOpid sKeeTErS!!

Started by Typhoon, October 29, 2003, 07:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typhoon

Any of you have any experience with those skeeter traps? You know, the ones that run on propane or something? Supposed to really help but I have never known anyone to have one. Im gonna have purple martins.. they will help a great deal but I have been wonderin about those things. I have alot of skeeters out on my property by the pond and in the woods.  >:(
I hate thEM things!
Thanks!
Brad Dawson, Anna IL (Southern tip)
Husky 346xpNE, Husky 357XP, Norwood Lumbermate2000

Tom

The best control is culinary.  We have taken to hunting them early in the evening.  They are more fun with a shotgun than ducks and a lot easier to clean.  A mess of skeeters can be toasted within minutes of the hunt and no feathers.  Number 8's work pretty good on most but there are some species that require 4's.

The proboscis makes a good walking stick. We have plans to market them as soon as we get the packaging down.

Jeff

Its Late October in Michigan. Sorry, cant relate till spring... ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Sometimes I (read alot of times) have difficulty understanding the meanings of words so I look in the dictunary and ifin that dont help I do a google surch...
 skeeter ..... could be .... ; a speed boat ,a puppet,doll,dog,cat,donkey,sun glass's,type of hellicopter,lake,wind tunnel,something to do with polo,trap shooting and last but not least is a type of bug....mosquito type.....If this is the type that is all about on this post I agry wit Tom ...shoot and cook...
 Btw ; I don't know anything about skeeter traps I just prefur not to be outside when they are around .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Percy

Ya, the skeeters are a tad annoying up here as well. Once at the mill, two of em stuck me at once and lifted me in the air. One says to the other, "lets takem in the bush and drain him good". The other one says  "No way man. My big brothers will steal him away from us" ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Gus

No skeeters here ;D
Just ice ::)
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Thank You Sponsors!