iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I was gonna...

Started by Burlkraft, June 15, 2010, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I was gonna smoke ribs on the BGE today, but I can hardly see it from here it's raining so hard.

I'm gonna have ta put 'em in the oven at 200° all day instead and later get 'em on the grill.  :( :( :( :(

I wonder if I could put some hickory in a gas oven..... smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Meadows Miller

Gday Burlkraft

I dont see why not Mate id just wack it in a steel tray underneth the meat just close enogh to get it smoking what are you useing sawdust/shavings or chips  Mate ??? Also I use to do oven dry samples in the mill i use to manage dry klns at and never set the  oven on fire  ;) :D :D :D so you should be pretty safe just keep an eye on it Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

WH_Conley

I once fixed jerky in the oven by sticking tooth picks through it and hanging from the racks. Still hear about that one occasionally ::).
Bill

Reddog

Quote from: Burlkraft on June 15, 2010, 09:00:58 AM
I wonder if I could put some hickory in a gas oven..... smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch

Let us know how that turns out.  :D

Norm

You big sissy! Now get out there with an umbrella and put those ribs on. ;D

WDH

Slow cooking them in the oven at low heat will make them tender!  Smoking them at the end on the grill will give them that great flavor!  I love the plan  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

RynSmith

Out of curiosity, where does one find plant-based ribs  ??? 

;D

Raider Bill

Quote from: RynSmith on June 15, 2010, 01:34:47 PM
Out of curiosity, where does one find plant-based ribs  ??? 

;D

I think they all are? Cows eat plants there fore cow ribs are plant based.

Sort of goes along with my vegatarian theory, cow, pigs and chickens are fed grass and plant based crap I eat cows, pigs and chickens so I'm a vegatarian.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

fishpharmer

Would that make you a Tier II vegetarian?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Raider Bill

Why yes, yes it does ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Burlkraft

Well I cooked them at 220 for 5 hours in the stove and then the sun magically appeared and I put them on the egg to smoke for a couple more hours.

They was some kinda good!

Tonight we had deep fried fish assortment, french fries and home made slaw......

Tomorrow left over ribs  ;D  ;D

Then Friday it's lunch at The Rox

I love it when we have visitors and I have ta make regular meals  ;D  ;D  ;D

Raider Bill is right on......It's all plant based  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!