iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone tinkered with an overunity motor?

Started by mad murdock, June 14, 2010, 07:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad murdock

I have studied for some years the reports of various science symposiums about energy converters, and was wondering if anyone on here has dabbled with the technology a-la a Bedini motor, or an Adams motor?  I am going to build a proof of concept model to test the viability of it, and if successful, will scale up to adapt for home power production.
Here is a link for inquiring minds
http://members.fortunecity.com/freeenergy2000/adamsmotor.htm

Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

SPIKER

Sorry but there is no such thing as free energy.  first law of Physics is "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed"  there have been lots of people claiming free energy or perpetual motion machines but none work as advertised.

only way to get free energy is to buy/build windmill, solar panels or solar heating system.   Other methods are geo-thermal and water wheels any of which deserve actual consideration for use on small scale.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Gary_C

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Sprucegum

An electrical genius bought an old lathe off us to turn the stators on and I showed him how to build a jig that would mill a precise slot for the magnets - I haven't seen him since  ???

mad murdock

I am not looking for free energy, I believe that nothing is "free", but I do believe that there is energy out there that can be convertied to useful purposes.  The basic principle around the Bedini and Adams models involve pulsing a motor, with excess windings in the stators, each time the field is collapsed, a small electrical current rushes into the extra windings, and by controlling the pulse timing, one can achieve power generation above the rate of power consumption. I am no electrical engineer, but back EMF is a phenomena that exists in any electrical motor, and Robert Adams's motor design was built to capitalize on the back EMF and improve efficiency above 100%.  I have seen one of these type of contraptions in operation, and with batteries in the circuit, power production is possible. There is a better book that discusses the matter in more detail, by Dr. Hans Neiper, published in 1985.
http://www.amazon.com/Niepers-Revolution-Technology-Medicine-Society/dp/392518807X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276615050&sr=8-1  If anyone has read this book, there is energy available, the conversion of it to electromagnetic energy is the crux of the matter. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Gary_C

Quote from: mad murdock on June 15, 2010, 11:22:12 AM
I am not looking for free energy, I believe that nothing is "free",

electrical current rushes into the extra windings, and by controlling the pulse timing, one can achieve power generation above the rate of power consumption. 

Those two sentences are contradictory. All motors generate heat that is caused by what is called the IR losses in the windings. In order for you to even come close to 100 percent efficiency, let alone over 100 percent or over unity as you call it, you would have to capture this heat and put it to useful work.

mad murdock

maybe I am pounding sand down a rat-hole, but I am willing to give it a try on a scaled down basis, and if it works, I will prove it to myself, if no one else, and will go from there.  I do have a backup option of hydro power on my place, but that will take more time and energy to get up and going for the time being.

tyb525

The beauty of magnets, not electromagnets, is that you can get the system down to where there is essentially no friction. There is no contact between the magnets. An older friend of mine built a system consisting of a stone-henge like circle of magnets, with a disk in the middle that had magnets attached to the outer edges. Once you gave the disk a spin with your finger, it would slowly accelerate to a certain RPM, and stay there. His ran for a whole day, until the magnets he used lost their power to the point where it would not spin, the disk slowly decelerated to a stop. He isn't the only one to do this, many others have as well. It isn't a perpetual motion machine, but with some stronger, longer lasting magnets, it could come very close.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Gary_C

Quote from: mad murdock on June 15, 2010, 12:43:57 PM
maybe I am pounding sand down a rat-hole, but I am willing to give it a try on a scaled down basis, and if it works, I will prove it to myself, if no one else, and will go from there. 

That's great. My point was never to discourage you, but to point out the holes you have to fill in your arguments.

mad murdock

Quote from: Gary_C on June 15, 2010, 01:59:24 PM
Quote from: mad murdock on June 15, 2010, 12:43:57 PM
maybe I am pounding sand down a rat-hole, but I am willing to give it a try on a scaled down basis, and if it works, I will prove it to myself, if no one else, and will go from there. 

That's great. My point was never to discourage you, but to point out the holes you have to fill in your arguments.
I appreciate your candor in this regard.  I will proceed with both eyes open and let you know what I find out in the process.

Raider Bill

Wa ll now I don't know nuttin bout no Overunity motors but I've watched my friend Mac build something like it for years while drinking beer.

This is what it started out like....

This is the latest model

Here's the story
Billy, there should be two pics with this:

I have designed a Motor that is fuel-less and unique. This invention (24 years in the making) is similar to a combustion engine with regard to its mechanical operations. The important differences however, is that instead of needing costly fuel, my engine is based on a design using magnetic fields.

Engine Description

When a combustion engine fires, it pushes the piston downward.  With the magnetic motor system I have invented, I can get a push up and down simultaneously. Another important key is the timing and how the fields are changed. I am patented US patent 7,330,094.             I understand the theory that using magnets (neodymium) to get energy that the most you can come up with is neutral, because the force it takes to separate  them is equal to the force that holds them together. I'm not using them in the "attractive" state, they are pushing each other away.  Each magnet has 231 lbs. of pull force each and they make stronger ones now. I have 4 of them in a 2 cylinder. I slide a piece of steel between them to cause attraction, normally the steel would only want to go half way, and the force to remove it so the magnets would repel would be equal.  I sharpened the piece of steel like an ax, it allowed me to slide the steel in the top and out of the bottom, they are connected, with less than 17 lbs of pull force. This would turn 63 lbs of weight instantly, that is what my flywheels weigh. I don't know the optimal weight.

Prototype Design

The current prototype is a two-cylinder motor but functions as described above. Future engines will have increased power and I still have to install a charging system.  It will be the footprint of how a large-scale motor will operate. This can be built like the gnome engine, the cylinders  are positioned like the numbers on a clock. Then another set of them next to this one and so on until you have 50 to 100 cylinders on one shaft running a strong generator. The more cylinders I utilize, I get more power and energy out and I use even less to keep it running.  With many of these running I have plans to supply power to Home and Auto to start. This is very likely to be our fuel-less, pollution free energy source.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

TimRB

BTW, I would use caution with that link. Norton antivirus has found 15 viruses on
members.fortunecity.com.

You can check the link here:

http://safeweb.norton.com/

Tim

splitter

Go to You Tube and look at Meg Energy Home Generator-Zero Energy Point- Off the Grid.  Splitter

DouginUtah

Splitter,

Have you have moved over to the Dark Side?  :o  :D  :D

Edit: This probably didn't make sense., I mixed up Splitter with Spiker. I'm with Spiker. :)
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

SPIKER

You can go over to Spencer's at your local mall and pick up one of the floating magnetic friction free (other than air drag) tops that you spin by hand inside the magnetic field created in the base of the toy/desk top distraction device.   Works like a flywheel as you spin the magnetic mass in side the magnetic field the field lifts the top/fly wheel into the air keeping it centered and floating so that no part of the flywheel is in contact with anything.   The rotational forces help to stabilize the top and it continues to spin for a very long time.  Basic gyroscope principal.   No energy can be extracted from this type of device as there is very little stored energy in the spinning mass as such it would simply drag it down to 0 speed and it will stop.

the next best type of low resistance bearing is what is used inside large water generators such as those in the HOOVER dam.  Hydraulic bearings that the hyd. pressure lifts the weight of the generator and the shaft/generator is able to spin on the surface of the oil though the system as long as the oil pressure keeps the bearings surfaces apart there is next to no friction.   There are also AIR BEARINGS that are nearly same operation the shaft will spin on a cushion of air.

spinning magnetic fields cant produce electrical power there has to be steel/copper passing through the magnetic field which breaks the magnetic force lines and produces electrical charge.   (though you can spin the magnetic field as well.) in either case the as the force line produce the voltage the act drags on the system which the drag energy has to be put back into the system.   at most there is 90~95% efficiency so for every 100 units of power put into the system you are lucky to get 90 or so units of energy out of the system.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

slowzuki

Thousands of people have tried before you and thousands will after, once they spend years trying to make it work they will usually spend years trying to convince others it works, but it never does, never will.

Unless you convert some matter into energy in the machine (nuclear) it will not release more energy than what you put in.  Stored magnetism in a magnet being consumed in a machine isn't free, it was put there, and it always takes more energy to magnetize it that you can extract from it.

Okrafarmer

The same is true for people who try to convince you they can run a car on water, by sending an electrical current through the water to separate out hydrogen and then burn the hydrogen. Yes you can separate out the hydrogen, but it takes electrical energy to do so, and in the end you use more than you make. That is the same with every process. You MUST go back to the laws of thermodynamics-- energy is never lost or created, it can only change forms. Every time it changes forms, some is lost, unless you have a really amazing frictionless system to keep it all-- ie, space travel, there is no air for friction against the spacecraft, matter in motion tends to stay in motion until it is acted on by a resisting force.

You would spend your time better trying to come up with ways to make existing systems more efficient. Internal Combustion engines, they say, only are able to put about 40% of the energy they produce to good use. The rest is lost through heat and so on. Why not invent an IC engine that captures some of that heat loss and turns it into another form of energy, such as electricity? Maybe you can come up with an engine that is 60% efficient instead of 40%. That kind of goal, I think, is feasible and reasonable.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Fla._Deadheader

HorseHockey

http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php/topic,1411.msg16576/topicseen.html#msg16576
Reply #27 READ IT. WATCH IT.

I have been a member on this site for years. This guy HAS got it down. Now, to get it to pull a substantial load.

I will NOT debate this. This guy IS real, and so is his Generation system.

You must register to view the video. The site IS secure. NOT A SCAM.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Okrafarmer

Quote from: slowzuki on August 16, 2010, 09:40:00 AM
Thousands of people have tried before you and thousands will after, once they spend years trying to make it work they will usually spend years trying to convince others it works, but it never does, never will.

Unless you convert some matter into energy in the machine (nuclear) it will not release more energy than what you put in.  Stored magnetism in a magnet being consumed in a machine isn't free, it was put there, and it always takes more energy to magnetize it that you can extract from it.

Slowzuki is right. The input here is magnets. Where are you going to find a source of magnets to buy or make cheap enough to keep this project going on a practical level? If you can buy or make them cheaply enough to replace them when they wear out, then you may be able to make reasonable use of this concept. But the magnetic energy in there is not limitless. I will be used up just like any other source of energy.

On the face of this earth, we only have a very few energy sources that are not in any danger of running out  in the foreseeable future if not managed carefully. Solar, wind, tidal energy, geothermal, and hydro power are not very likely to run out any time soon. If they do, we have much more serious problems than we realize!

Other energy resources are renewable if carefully managed, and these include timber, crops, and so on.

Other resources are probably not renewable, such as oil, coal, and natural gas; however these resources are the easiest to harvest per unit of energy obtained, and in my opinion they should continue to be used as long as it is safe and cost-effective to do so.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

tyb525

Okrafarmer

All magnets lose power over time, even the earth.

Thank You Sponsors!