iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's in a name?

Started by Simplesaw, June 13, 2010, 11:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simplesaw

Forumite's I need your help.

I am designing a swing blade sawmill and the design is about down and our first metal model will begin soon I need to come up with a name for the saw.

Originally as my profile name is as "SimpleSaw' I once thought the name would go that direction, then I realized I wanted full automation and optimization.

I still wanted it easy for someone who doesn't have years of running a portable saw mill to run but I did decided that turning the saw into a precision cnc sawmill capable laying out you cut of the tree and given some visual options for it's objective with some preset parameters based on needs of cut lists or typical log usage such as center cuts or small board preferences (deep breath!).

I decided to incorporate a board return so that one person can operate and off load but the "SimpleSaw" name doesn't seem to fit.

What names do you think would get someone's attention to a newcomer and if not a name what about words such as "Precision, Simple, etc." that should be considered to help description of saw other than just my name?  Thank you.

Meadows Miller

Gday

I dont know mate  ??? Lucas ,Baker ,Cooks and peterson kept it pretty simple didnt they mate  ;) :D ;D ;D  8) 8) with names swingsaw,optisaw or something like that would work but i think its a personal thing nameing your workmanship  thats why alot of mills are named after the owners that built them for a start Mate

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

ladylake

The trouble with planning all the cutting ahead of time is that every log is different.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bandmiller2

The moutain dualplane sawmill,or just Dualplane. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

paul case

joe the plumber sawmill ?
simple smart swingersingle operator sawmill ?
super smart single operator swing mill?
awesome automatic a to z swingmill?
bills bad bandsaw is one of my fav's
just thoting
i imagin in the test phases you will come up with serveral names for it that should not be repeated here. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Hilltop366

I was thinking Autosaw.
Was also thinking that if you wanted to send a prototype to Nova Scotia for field testing I would be willing to give it a try for you.

fishpharmer

Great ideas so far.  Are you trying to make a name with marketing in mind?  Possibly plan on production of your mill for sale?   I suppose its good to think of a marketable name before production.  I wonder how the name Wood-Mizer came about?  Now that's catchy. 8)

If it will do the things you plan.....call it "Simple Saw that Does it All."
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Fil-Dill

KISS. (Keep it simple saw)
EZ boardwalk 40

r.man

Simplesaw, do you mind if I call you Simple?  A mild example of potential name problems. Sounds easy to just come up with a name but I suppose this is why so many people make their living in advertising. You could try the ever popular similar to a known brand trick. I give you Swing- mizer, painted orange of course, or the EZ-swingsaw. Sorry I couldn't help but I do agree with Meadows Miller that the name thing is very personal and from the heart. You are the one who has to live with it so step up and choose something you're happy with. People will figure it out in the end.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

customsawyer

I would lean toward "Simple Precision" but that might just be me turning your words around and KISS. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Planman1954

SawsRite
The name says it all...
[/i][/i]
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

DouginUtah

If you plan on production I'll bet there are several patents to work around or pay royalties on.  :(

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Thank You Sponsors!