iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It was a surprize.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, June 13, 2010, 08:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I am going to turn 50 the end of this month. I hope my next 50 years will be as good as the last 50 were. My family has been asking what I am going to do for my big 50. I told them that I was going to throw myself a surprize party, then I would look around as if to see if someone were listning and say quietly " But don't tell me it's a surprize"

Last night I did ribs loosley following Norm's method and made his secret sauce with a pot of venisin stew on the side incase I messed up the ribs. I had the family and some friends over and they destroyed the dinner. The ribs and stew were a big hit. For dessert I brought out a birthday cake and ice cream. Boy were they surprized :D

A couple of them said if they would have known they would have brought a gift but I told them having them over was gift enough.

A good time was had by all with much laughter and story telling, some we have heard and some we had not.

... and to answer the question, what am I doing for my 50th? I am taking the first of 2 motorcycle trips this year. on this first week long trip I am traveling with 3 buddies and we are going to find some twisty roads in appalachia.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Jon,

Congratulations on surprising the family. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Early Happy Birthday wishes to you.

Hope you enjoy the road trip but be careful. Fun can turn dangerous in the blink of an eye and then it ain't fun no more...

Herb

Warbird

Sounds like good times.  Happy birthday!

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

Happy Birthday. Some stories I don't want to hear repeated. My step sons loves to hear one of my friends tell on me.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Happy Birthday Jon!
What's the plan for the second road trip?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

pappy

When that day does come around have a happy one  ;D

Second trip be north again ??

Ride safe   8)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

moosehunter

DanG, I missed my chance to have a Birthday beer with you!

Happy Birthday !

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Chuck White

I'll bet it was a surprise!  :o :o

Have a good one Jon. ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Weekend_Sawyer

Bill my 2nd trip will be to the FF picnic.  8) 8)

Tim, I don't know that I'll be swingin up your way this time but I sure do hope to get up your way soon. I have some very fond memorys of up there. Eatin pine gum aint one of them tho :D

Thanks for all your birthday wishes. I'll start a bike trip thread just before I go.

Jon

WDH

Happy B-day old man  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Happy birthday. Keep the rubber side down on that 2 wheeled thing they work better that way.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

OneWithWood

Is your mailbox full of stuff from AARP now?

Congrats on the milestone - there will be many more to come  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

isawlogs

Bonne fête Jon . Many more to come your way   8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Piston

Happy 50th.  Not sure what your riding but I just got back from 2 weeks on the Transamerica Trail, highly recommended for your 3rd bike trip!  8)

The entire Blue Ridge Parkway and the Highway to the Sky are also great if you haven't hit those up yet.  Happy Riding
smiley_thumbsup
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm ridin a 10 street glide. Every time I get on it, it takes a couple of hours just to get the stoopid grin off of my face.

BTW, love the blue ridge pkwy!

Piston

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Raider Bill

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on June 14, 2010, 08:23:28 PM

Bill my 2nd trip will be to the FF picnic.  8) 8)

Tim, I don't know that I'll be swingin up your way this time but I sure do hope to get up your way soon. I have some very fond memorys of up there. Eatin pine gum aint one of them tho :D

Thanks for all your birthday wishes. I'll start a bike trip thread just before I go.

Jon

I'm getting the itch for a road trip!

Weekend_Sawyer

Comon Bill, we will ride into the FF picnic together and make it a bike event!!!!

Seriously, I live a couple of miles off of 95. If your thinkin about it stop in and we will make a grand apperance. I'm thinkin of taking the counterclockwise route around the lake back home and stop in at the new HD museum in Milwaukee.

Jon

woeboy

very nice bike  :o 8) and happy birthday horn_smiley

Raider Bill

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on June 17, 2010, 08:19:11 PM

Comon Bill, we will ride into the FF picnic together and make it a bike event!!!!

Seriously, I live a couple of miles off of 95. If your thinkin about it stop in and we will make a grand apperance. I'm thinkin of taking the counterclockwise route around the lake back home and stop in at the new HD museum in Milwaukee.

Jon

Ok Brother I'm loaded up and ready to hit the road.  :D ;D Hope I didn't forget anything! :)

Coon

Raider Bill, you forgot your porta potty....  :D  might have to hook a little red wagon behind to tow it though.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Magicman

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on June 13, 2010, 08:40:20 AM
we are going to find some twisty roads in appalachia.   Jon 

Ride the "Tail of the Dragon".  It doesn't get any twistier than that.  And, Happy (late)Birthday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

I'm dragoned out.  :-\ It's only about 45 minutes from my Tenn property. I've rode it way too many times with people that have to experiance it while visiting me.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Coon on June 21, 2010, 01:46:07 PM
Raider Bill, you forgot your porta potty....  :D  might have to hook a little red wagon behind to tow it though.   :D

I'll rough it, side of the road....................

Weekend_Sawyer

I can see some kid walking up to the owner of that bike,
" Hey mister I found this on the road did it fall off your bike?"
" I dono but I'll take it!"

I have done the Dragon now I want to do the Cherohala.
The ride starts next week!

Jon

Raider Bill

Jon, I wish I was up there now as my place is not far from the Tenn end of the Cherohola and you could do a stop over.
Actually I buy groceries there in Tellico Plains.

You will really like the Skyway.

Weekend_Sawyer

I have soooo much to do here at work and I find myself stairing at the map on the wall, "I want to go there, and there, and there, and of course there!"

Jon

Norm

RynSmith

Quote from: Norm on June 25, 2010, 09:03:53 AM
Happy Birthday Jon!

x2

Shiney side up on the Cherowhatsit  ;D

Raider Bill

Warbird

Magicman

Quote from: Warbird on June 25, 2010, 10:28:20 AMX3!!  :)

And X4 !!!  Congratulations Jon, You're half way there.   smiley_thumbsup

And where is Herb.  He "passed" 60 today !!!   whiteflag_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Thanks for the Bday wishes gang!

I finally got my desk cleared off, somewhat, and am taking a half day off to get ready to head out tomorrow.

Jon

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on June 25, 2010, 11:44:02 AM
Quote from: Warbird on June 25, 2010, 10:28:20 AMX3!!  :)

And X4 !!!  Congratulations Jon, You're half way there.   smiley_thumbsup

And where is Herb.  He "passed" 60 today !!!   whiteflag_smiley

MM,

I'm here on the Gulf Coast.

Another day, another year, another moment to pause and thank the Lord for all the blessings he has given me.

Jon,

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your trip.

Herb

Weekend_Sawyer

Raider Bill

Be careful Brother!

If you want a place to stay near Tellico Plains my place is yours. Couple other Bikers live nearby.

Thank You Sponsors!