iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

George Nakashima

Started by stumpy, June 12, 2010, 05:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

I was talking to someone the other day(I don't remember who) and he was taling about a craftsman that does work similar to Nakashima.  All I know is he is dead and he had a three part name.  Anyone know??? ???
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

JFD

Ironwood

There was another guy in eastern Pa. that did very original work, and his house and shop are now open for visitors via the local historical society. I forget his name though, his work was more organic and sculptural.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

shenandoahsawmill

Wharton Esherick in Paoli Pa. Great studio to visit.

Ironwood

Wharton Esherick is the one I was thinking of, Thanks Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

TheWoodsman

There are great books available (with lots of pictures) about these guys.  I have a couple on Sam Maloof and a couple on Nakashima.  I have one in my "shopping cart" about Esherick too.
2009 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28, WM-DH4000 dry kiln, & lots of other great "toys"

I am the Woodsman, the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.

Thank You Sponsors!