iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forest fire season

Started by aksawyer, June 03, 2010, 03:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aksawyer

87 forest fire curently burning in the state of Alaska.82 degrees in Fairbanks today......Aksawyer

Bobus2003

I hate to show any excitement in that, but i wish they were down here and not up there.. I wanta get our rigs out on a few and start makin some $$$ since loggin isn't doin it

Bro. Noble

My Son-in-law and a co-worker from the local forest service districe left this morning for Yooperland.  They are hauling a dozer to be handy in case fires break out there.  They made it as far as Madison Wisc. tonight and will head on to Escanaba in the morning.  They are to be headquartered there and will be doing some dozing till a fire breaks out or two weeks pass.  If I'd known ahead that he was going up there,  I'd have told him about that hamburger joint where Beenthere and Burlcraft hang out.  Wouldn't have hurt to warn them about Chet being up there too ;)  Wish I was there (without the dozer) and he were here with the stoopid cows :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

Alaska Wildfire Activity Called Unprecedented

Anchorage Daily News (June 2) - Faced with 95 active wildfires and lightning bolts by the hundreds, Alaska wildfire officials have called fire activity for the month of May unprecedented and warned that the risk of more wildfires is high and that their resistance to control is nearing extreme.

The E-Forester
~Ron

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on June 03, 2010, 10:28:57 PM
My Son-in-law and a co-worker from the local forest service districe left this morning for Yooperland.  They are hauling a dozer to be handy in case fires break out there...

With the weather we are having UP here I don't see too many wildfires breaking out. Rained all day yesterday and now calling for rain again tomorrow with a chance of rain a couple of days this week, with temps in the mid 60's. So they probably won't have too much fire work UP here.

Reddog

Bro. Noble

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on June 05, 2010, 08:03:01 PM

With the weather we are having UP here I don't see too many wildfires breaking out. Rained all day yesterday and now calling for rain again tomorrow with a chance of rain a couple of days this week, with temps in the mid 60's. So they probably won't have too much fire work UP here.
[/quote]

SIL was pretty peaved about all the rain.  I think he was mainly there to do some dozer work, but was hoping to draw some fire pay :D :D  He builds and maintains trails here,  so I suppose that's what he was asked to do there.   May get too muddy :D :D  Hope he doesn't come home talking funny ::) ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

firefighter

In northern Ontario we have had a busy month in may did a week in a little place called Hearst IAed two small fires and then was sent toa 2200 hecter fire in Wawa Ontario had thelast two days off now going back to Wawa 18 for a other 19 day streach .We have recieved a some rain but with the dry ness we willhave to put the fire out .

Thank You Sponsors!