iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sea food pig out

Started by LeeB, May 30, 2010, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Just finished a down right decadent sea food pig out. Had shrimp cocktail, boiled crawfish, king crab and lobster. Cole slaw, boiled taters and corn on the cob to round it off and ice tea to wash it down. Bought the seafood before the fiasco in the Gulf and had it it in the freezer. No telling when we will be able to do it again.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

Normally Lee I'd complain there were no pictures but this time it's just as well.

I don't think my keyboard could handle all of the drool! :D

jjmk98k

Agreed, pics not required for that drool-fest
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

DanG

The seafood industry is damaged, but it ain't dead.  Not all of the Gulf is contaminated....yet.  So far, the winds and currents have kept the oil away from Florida, and our State is working hard to salvage something of the industry by relaxing regulations, opening seasons early, and trying to get the word out that "We're open for business."  The news possums would have you believe that Louisiana has the only estuaries in the world, and that is simply untrue.

This oil spill has been a cluster from the start, and has been mismanaged in every possible way, as far as I can tell.  They should have left the oil on the surface instead of dispersing it, and they should have guided it to the beaches as much as possible so it could be dealt with.  All of those "boom" thingies should have been deployed around the estuaries.  BP and the Govt should have listened to the fishermen instead of the politicians and news hounds.

Sorry about the rant.  The point is, y'all go ahead and enjoy some seafood while you can.  It's gonna get pricey in the near future, but it's ok right now.  I'd say the time is right to stock your freezer.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Gary_C

Lee how is that king crab prepared? I've had the eastern (Maryland) crab, but not king crab. Is it just boiled like lobster?

See, you should have had pictures. We like to drool.  :D :D

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

LeeB

I didn't take any pics 'cause only thing left was the hulls and a bevy of robust and satisfied belches.  ;D

Gary, the crab legs are already partially cooked when you get them in the store. Bring salted water to a boil and put in the crab. Bring to a second boil and turn off the heat. Let stand for about 5 minutes. Too long in the heat will make the shells soft and hard to crack and the meat will be rubbery.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

metalspinner

My parents came up this weekend from NOLA and brought 3 sacks of crawfish to boil.  That's about 110-120lbs.  I do not know how much I put away, but I was as stuffed as I'd ever been and my fingers joints hurt from picking. ::)  They were nice big crawfish, too, with potatoes, corn, onions and sausage boiled in. musteat_1 ;D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

LeeB

I wish i had a good source for mud bugs. i think I could do a sack by myself. Gonna go beef and bird tonight, chicken and beef fajitas.

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Texas Ranger

Ate at a place called Al T's in Winnie, Texas, last night.  Groan.  Alligator, shrimp, oysters, frog legs, fried cat fish, stuffed jalapeno peppers, and dirty rice.  Washed down with Shiner Bock.  Sure was good, till about 3 this morning, fried food is not what it used to be, when I could digest it.  Had to be those DanG peppers.  food2 food3 food1
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LeeB

Al T's is a great place to eat. Used to be one of my regular stops when I was working in the Gulf and driving back and forth from Austin. I sure miss all that good food from down that way.

Texas Ranger

Oh, left out the crab, one of my favorites.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!