iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2010 Forestry Forum RSVP Thread.

Started by asy, May 29, 2010, 03:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wood monger

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I had surgery on mine a few years ago, it's good now, but whenever I get a pain in it I get nervous. I am hoping to make it to the Pig Roast. I have an Aunt that lives on Josephine street, I'm hoping she'll let me crash there for a night or two.

doctorb

Jeff-

Take it from an FF orthopaedic surgeon, you've either inflamed or partially ruptured your rotator cuff.  Can you spell MRI??  Sure you can.  Let me know how it progresses.

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Raider Bill

So on the off chance my greatest plan yet works out. Where would 2 bikers with tents be able to pitch camp?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 16, 2010, 02:58:52 PM
So on the off chance my greatest plan yet works out. Where would 2 bikers with tents be able to pitch camp?

There should be room here, and if you want to upgrade, there are several campgrounds within just a mile. to a few miles away.

Quote from: doctorb on July 16, 2010, 02:28:00 PM
Jeff-

Take it from an FF orthopaedic surgeon, you've either inflamed or partially ruptured your rotator cuff.  Can you spell MRI??  Sure you can.  Let me know how it progresses.

Doctorb

No Insurance Doctorb, but I guarantee you are right because other then you, I probably am the leading authority here on shoulder injuries. :D  An MRI would probably just tell me the severity of what I already know.  This shoulder was reconstructed in 1989 after I was crunched between a Morbark debarker kicker trough kicker and a 2 by 6 t@g pole barn wall.   In 2006 I had 1 arthroscopic and eventually 2 open rotator cuff surgeries on the left shoulder, plus what ever that is called when they nip off the end if your clavical.  I've spent way more then my share of time either in a sling or in PT.  My guess that this latest injury is some sort of degenerative injury resulting from the original 21 years ago. I just hope if I take it easy, it will get better. I know all the PT exercises, so I'll try to strengthen it as I can.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

Are we talking about my arm, or your camping??  :o

Raider Bill

Hopefully your arm will be better by then so we do not have to get all drastic.

WDH

Raider,

Somebody has to pick the pig, so hopefully you can make it ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Brother I've been picking pigs my whole life I'm a expert! :D

doctorb

Jeff-

With that history I am sure that you are right.  Certainly you should not be dragged kicking and screaming to the OR just yet.  If you can not motor your arm away from your side in a few weeks, then you might need to undergo the hot lights and cold steel again.  Do your PT and I hope it improves. 

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Raider Bill

doctorb

Sorry Raider Bill, didn't mean to scare ya'.  Just a little bit of surgical humor.  OMG!  When you do this every day, every patient problem is like a jigsaw puzzle.  Solving them is fun and challenging.  I think that Jeff's shoulder might be a tough go, and I also think he already knows that.

Doctorb.

Mooseherder

This begs the question.
Can you help the guy out if six of us hold him down at the Pig Roast. ??? ;D

Jeff

DR Buck

Quote from: Jeff on July 17, 2010, 09:52:56 PM
You better make it 8.... dangle_smiley

Don't count on me to help.  I'll be busy with that beer holding, drinking, watching, table moving thing.  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Dan_Shade

I'm with Dave, I'll be beer holding or something. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Mooseherder

No worries.
The Good Doc has a Shot for the Butt. :D

Wildflower

wood monger Josephine street is with in walking distance of the pig roast. ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Raider Bill

Half a jar of shine oughta do it ;D Works in the movies for bullets and arrows. ;D
Here hold my beer.................

Radar67

If all else fails, a good whack on the head with a hammer will work.  ;) You just have to be careful to not whack too hard.  ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Sorry, no shine at the pigroast.  And to change the focus for a moment, I feel compelled to add for people that read thisl that have never attended, that may be getting the wrong idea, that the Pig Roast is some sort of beer Party.  Believe me, it is not.

The Forestry Forum is a family event. Yes, beer as an alternative beverage is allowed in addition to the lemonade and soda's and water we provide if one is so inclined, but the focus is never, and never will be beer.  

End of announcement. :)

SwampDonkey

Yeah, Josephine Road is about 1 mile from ground zero. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on July 18, 2010, 11:35:07 AM
And to change the focus for a moment, I feel compelled to add for people that read thisl that have never attended, that may be getting the wrong idea, that the Pig Roast is some sort of beer Party.  Believe me, it is not.

I think, as in my case at least, we were just horsing around as they say. For, if it was such an event, this fellow would not be in attendance.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I know that, and most everyone else knows it, including all of the posters here. I just thought I needed to say something for the few that might not.

Raider Bill

Well it looks like your back to 8 people holding you down a shot to the butt and a whack with Stews hammer. Sorry man I was just thinking of you. :D
Don't worry It's only hot lights and cold steel :o

Thank You Sponsors!