iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for ideas

Started by jim king, May 28, 2010, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

Now that I have retired and could not stand it I tried goiong back to work again but just dont have the strength it takes to be in the mill walking and whatever all day.  I have the most beautiful wood in the world and would like to do something on a smaller scale to keep busy and keep the beer flowing.  looking for any ideas.

fuzzybear

Jim,
  You make some of the most beautiful furniture I have ever seen.  You could have a good market for it it you can get around the export laws.  What ever you do I have a feeling it will be good.
  Just one question....what's retirement?  I don't think I'll ever do that.

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

RynSmith

Hmm, wood, beer, wood, beer.  Wooden beer kegs?   :D

JohnG28

Sounds like my idea of retirement.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

mdvaden

Ever thought about propagating and selling something easy to grow like maples?

Japanese maples? Vine maples?

Ron Wenrich

What's happened to the mill and the people working there? 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

jim king

We sold the mill and factory and now are bored to death.  5 strokes and a heart attack lake make a person much different.

Gary_C

Just do what you like to do with shorter days. But keep doing something.

Retirement is about doing what you want to do instead of what you have to do.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ron Wenrich

I've always liked to travel.  But, that probably involves more walking than working around the mill. 

I always enjoyed the turned pieces and furniture that you have pictures of.  Maybe do that on a small scale.  More on creative stuff instead of production stuff. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

wolfram

How about helping the next generation step up?  They have what you (and I) need, youth, and you have what they need, experience.  Work as a team and share.  You both get all sorts of rewards, tangible and intangible.  Mentoring is good for the heart.

Thank You Sponsors!