iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I can't find it

Started by maple flats, May 20, 2010, 02:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

I have seen pictures and threads several time about homemade self loader trailers with a arch and winch to load. I keep searching various ways but don't come up with it. Can anyone help? If seems FDH made one as well as others. I'm looking for ideas.
Thanks,
Dave
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

metalspinner

Hey! smiley_sidelightbulb

That should be in the woodopedia.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Brad_bb

What a great addition to a trailer!  And it's easily removable for when you're not using it.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Chris Burchfield

Mine is a little different.  Go to My Photo Gallery.  Mine mounts to the ramp mounting pins.  I have legs forward as a stop.  Once I hit the stop, I raise the end of the log then lower that end to the bed.  If I keep letting out on the cable, the arch returns down to a height set by the stop chain.  I let out the slack, get another bite, then bring her forward again.  I have a set of farm machinery wagon wheels I can mount in the pivot pin holes.  Then I winch a log to the trailer if I can't get the trailer to it.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

DanG

I'm glad you mentioned it Chris, as I had apparently missed it the first time around.  Didn't realize you had built one.  I didn't put the stoppers on mine, I just stop pulling before it reaches vertical.  It seems that everyone who has built one has done things a little differently, but they all seem to work well. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!