iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TTRAG this past weekend

Started by Jim_Rogers, May 18, 2010, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

The Timber Framers guild members in the Traditional Timberframe Research and Advisory Group (TTRAG) are having a symposium in Schenectady, New York this weekend (5/21/2010- 5/23/2010).

It starts with a walking tour of some old building in the historic "Stockade" distric of Schenectady, NY on Friday afternoon.

Friday evening after dinner there will be presentation at the ballroom of the Holiday Inn.

Saturday we'll meet at Mabee Farm in Rotterdam Junction for some demonstrations, and after lunch we'll take a bus tour to some other sites. After dinner in the ballroom at the Holiday Inn we'll see a slide show of slides brought in by members of the group about what they have been doing over the last year. Usually this is very interesting to see what and how others have restored timber frames.

Sunday morning we'll have more speakers to listen too before we break up at lunchtime.

Any Forestry Forum members who are in that area and what to meet up with me and see the timber framing tools we have for sale are welcome to come by the Holiday Inn and visit. I won't know my room number until I get there.
But if you'd like to come over, send me an email via the regular email system and I'll should be able to respond to you and let you know where I'll be.

It should be an interesting event.

Jim Rogers

(I will have my FF hat with me, but I may have my Vintage Tools hat on some of the time).

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Raphael

... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Jim_Rogers

Had a great time, met lots of nice people.

Saw lots of old friends, made new ones.

Sold some tools.

Learned some stuff.

General good time....

Pictures:

Mabee frame site sign:

Farm house:

Side house:

Barn:

Blacksmith shop, and wood shop beyond:

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Raphael

One of my favorites:

Heart pine tie beams in a dutch barn.

and an ugly one...

Just can't understand why this scarf failed in tension.  ::)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

frwinks

thanks for sharing the pics gents ;)

looks like a great tour

Thank You Sponsors!