iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM moisture meter

Started by Tagerts_crossing, October 24, 2003, 02:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tagerts_crossing

I see that woodmizer has a moisture meter for sale on their web site.  I have never had one most of my stuff is used green / air dried barns fence ect but have been looking to get one just to try some drying methods that dont break the bank.  Has any one here tried this meter?  Is it another brand that has the wm logo on it?    Price was around $300.  US  and from what I have seen so far that is about the going rate for a decent one.     Any opinions?????

John
John Schoolcraft

Kevin_H.

I would call up WM and ask them who makes the MM for them. I am willing to bet it is a wagner or other top brand.

Then go and look up that brand and model and compare prices, you might get it cheaper straight from the company that really makes it.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

whitepe

The Woodmizer MM looks just like my Wagner.  
Maybe it should be named a Wagnermizer   :D
Mine came from amazon.com

MMC220 at amazon $ 269.99
Woodmizer's meter (probably an MMC220 $289.00)
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Oregon_Sawyer

Wagner is what it is.  I have one just to give me an idea what MC my air dried lumber is.  I bought it direct from Wagner.

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Tagerts_crossing

How well do you guys like your wagner, would you buy it again or not.   Thanks John
John Schoolcraft

Carl_B

I have the wagner 205 pinless moisture meter I like mine. It is one model down from the 220 I bought it a woodcrafters I tried a cheaper pin model and was not happey with it woodcrafters told me to bring it back if I was not happey with it and that what I did. I also tryed the 220 in the store very nice unit.If I remeber right the 205 runs 169.00 at woodcrafters  Carl B

whitepe

Oops I went home and looked at mine again.
I have a  205.  I must have had a senior moment.  ::)
Anyway,  I really like it. I have a pin type that I almost
never use anymore.
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Thank You Sponsors!