iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Downsizing!!!

Started by Woodhauler, May 11, 2010, 06:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Just sold my 2000 westernstar tractor and stairs air ride trailer along with my 1985 husky brute loader! Was having a hard time finding a good driver that would work the hours you have to work hauling wood ,so i decided to go back to just my 2006 westernstar tri-axle self loader! Now i only have myself to worry about! Also i owned both trucks so i got a little jingle to play with now! 8)
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Ron Scott

A number of the woodhaulers here have done the same. We now may have up to 3-4 different woodhaulers hauling from a job since fewer are now available in a timely manner.
~Ron

Woodhauler

Same here Ron, Its just hard to find a guy who will drive and take care of your rigging! By the way my name is Ron too!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

twobears

things have changed here too.yesterday,i had to drive by my old logging bosses shop.i think everything he owns is sitting there..i,ve never seen that before...
i live on a state highway thats well used by logging trucks and now theres hardly any going by..mostly just one crews chip trucks...it,s very sad!!!

delbert

Bobus2003

Loggings tough for the small guy here, but most of the larger outfits are going full speed ahead.. guys putting up 100+ loads a week and there arn't enough trucks to haul wood.. Been awful tempted to buy a truck and start hauling and just sell my equipment

There are a few guys who are selling out though due too the tough times.. its a shame too see 2-3 skidders, Fellers and Delimbers sittin idle in a Meadow hoping for a new owner and be put back in the woods

Woodhauler

Bobus,where you from? I got paid for everything today! now i"m a happy camper! And yes its sad the small guy suffers while the big get bigger.

Bobus2003

Quote from: Woodhauler on May 11, 2010, 06:20:57 PM
Bobus,where you from? I got paid for everything today! now i"m a happy camper! And yes its sad the small guy suffers while the big get bigger.

Black Hills of Western South Dakota

Thank You Sponsors!