iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beetle/Termite Spray

Started by jrkimroxie, May 10, 2010, 10:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrkimroxie

Finally started cutting my 6"x6"x 16' SYP logs. Wondering what is the best spray to prevent beetles & termites during the 2-3 yrs they will be air-drying ?
Loving life 1 log at a time !!!!

Magicman

For termites, shielding with metal roof flashing, etc. works best for me.  They will eat through treated lumber and roofing felt.  Being completely dry under the lumber also helps.  Termites love moisture.  Borax products like Timbor works for PPB's.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gator gar

I have thought about the same thing. My thought was to wrap the stacked lumber with a big piece of plastic and seal it good and set off a couple of insecticide foggers under the plastic and hope for the best.

bandmiller2

Gator,would not be a good idea to wrap it,unless your just talking of fumigating.Drying lumber takes air circulation.Dry lumber kept dry will have little trouble with rot or insects.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

gator gar

Quote from: bandmiller2 on May 11, 2010, 06:34:53 AM
Gator,would not be a good idea to wrap it,unless your just talking of fumigating.

That is what I was talking about. Just long enough to fumigate and choke them rascals out.

Thank You Sponsors!