iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anti-virus not working

Started by DoubleD, May 05, 2010, 06:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleD

I'm having issues with my antivirus avg 8 version, it quit to works and could not install any new update, so I installed the new version avg 9 but didn't work neither.My OS is windows vista business and currently i am running without anti-virus,but I am using malwarebytes right now, is it enough? Any other anti-virus free-ware that  i could use?

Thank you in advance for your help

Davide
Wannabe a sawmiller

Norm

This is one I use now. It's a free download from microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Chris Burchfield

When I set up my Google email, McAfee virus protection was a free download.  I've been very pleased.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

DanG

I'm using Avast, which is a free download.  I was unable to download AVG at all on this computer.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

When an anti-virus program quits working, you need to ask yourself why.  So, why did AVG just stop working for you?

trapper

go to komando.com lots of free anti virus and anti spiware programs with links to them
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

DouginUtah

How do you know AVG is not working? Is the icon in your tray? What happens if you double-click it and tell it to update?

Malwarebytes is not proactive. It only gets rid of bad stuff after the virus is installed on your computer.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

DoubleD

I know that it doesn't work cause when i turn on the pc i get a message saying something like "Avg quit to work, Windows is going to close it".

The automatic update manager didn't work nor worked the manual mode update.

No the icon didn't show in the tray now i have it disinstalled because it gave to the pc many problems (don't know which problems) the pc used to get blocked and i can't close the session so the only solution was to turn it off :-X :-X :-X

I'd better learning something more about pc :P

Davide ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!