iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the forum.

Started by willywood, May 04, 2010, 05:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willywood

Just purchased  my first woodmizer Lt 28 yesterday. Im glad to have been intoduced to the forum and would like to get started using it in the best and efficient way. I have done nothing more than establish a user name and a password. Where should I go from here?
                                                      Wm.

Cedarman

Welcome Willywood,
Keep reading and digging into past posts.
Let us know how it goes with your first log, first time sawing into an upright. (Our advice is don't do it, but not everyone takes our advice :D :D)  And the other things that happen that make life interesting.
Tell us a little about yourself and where you live.
Richard
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum! 

How did you find us?   

Been lurking long?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

jdtuttle

Have a great day

red oaks lumber

welcome w.w.
your name is legendary in these parts. back afew yrs. this fella named willy sawed lumber, only problem with is sawying his ends where so chubby it was terrible, example, 1" lumber the ends would be 2" thick andthe 2" was 3". when people would bring wood to me to plane his sawying got the name "willywood" so for your sake and everyone please don't try to follow in your predisesors foot steps.....
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Don K

Welcome willywood. Read, read, read, and ask questions. There is a few tons of info here. Congrats on the 28.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

southpaw

Congrats on the new mill and welcome, there is alot of good people here and more knowlege than I can keep in my mind, so searching past post and asking the ?'s will get you started. Be safe and have fun.

fishpharmer

willywood, this place is your single best resource on all things sawmill related.  The lt28 is a nice mill.  Please tell us about your first log.  Some fine folks here too. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

r.man

Welcome Willywood. Interaction, information and interest seem to be the mainstays here. There is a tremendous amount of info in the back posts, all sorts of interesting things to see and read and the interaction with others makes what could otherwise be a fairly dry experience a time to look forward to.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

ronwood

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the sawmill.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

KyTreeFarmer

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new mill. Like everyone says read, read read!!
KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Willywood.

Lots of good people and info here.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Welcome to The Forestry Form and congratulations on the LT28.  The only "dumb" question is an "unasked" one, so don't be bashful.  Glad to have you on "board"....... ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sigidi

Willywood, I can't say much about a bandmill specifically, but I can share ya passion with cutting timber and give ya big welcome to the best place online to find out about all things sawmilling from Al, down under 8) ;D ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

thecfarm

willywood,how's that sawmill treating you? Been around a sawmill before? Where are your logs coming from and what's the plan for all of the lumber? Welcome to the forum. Question,we have answers. We all will gladly help. May even be a member close by that you could go help them saw.You would learn alot in one day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!