iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello from UK, my new sawmill.

Started by pedro.mahon, May 04, 2010, 10:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedro.mahon

Hello everyone. Just to say hi, I have been lurking for quite a while now and always read something on this site.
So have taken the plunge and bought a new Woodmizer.

--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/photos/16577894@N06/4578596484/[/url]

I am have bought 600tons of prime construction english oak and hoping to build a traditional Tudor style (Wealden actually) oak framed building. Helping me is a telehandler to pick logs up and friends in the trade.
Woodmizer LT 40 HD. Pegden oak Sawmill & Construction

OneWithWood

Hello, Pedro  8)

Welcome to the forum.  Please do post your pics to the forum gallery.  We LIKE pics!

Looking forward to floowing you on your journey.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Stephen1

Welcome Pedro, I'm glad your here, pleas post some pics, and tell us something about where you are in the uk?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Wintergreen Mountain

Welcom to the forum.
I'm sure you already see how informative it is here.   Leon
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Dave Shepard

Welcome! When you get started on that house, keep us posted in our Timber Frame section. That sounds like a really great project. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

pedro.mahon

pedro.mahon

And just to add a few more pics, check out the gallery. The mill is located on a farm in rural Sussex in the South of UK, my friend in north of the county has a LT-40 and LT-70 so is holding my hand whilst i learn the trade! I have also great contacts with timber transport guys and, fellers and traditional english oak framers, hoping to learn from forum experts too!
I regularly visit the US as I have relatives in Texas and also I am an airline pilot.

Chris Burchfield

Congratulations on the mill.  That's a whack of logs.  Looking forward to pics of the house on your home building journey.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

shopteacher

Welcome
   There goes Sherwood Forest :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Meadows Miller

Gday

and welcome to the forum Pedro  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 600 ton of Oak and a Great Mill to start with is the thing Dreams are made off  ;) Im looking forward to seeing how things go for you Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

pedro.mahon

Thanks alot guys, this forum sure goes far and wide geographically. ps the oak was FSC certified (ie managed, so replaced!) if anybody worried about Sherwood forest not being here when you visit!

sigidi

Hey Pedro welcome!!!

I'd love to come back to the UK (lived for 10 years in Leicestershire) on my 'one-day' world milling tour so I could slice some of Sherwood Forest and build Robin Hood a good old tree house 8) :o ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

pedro.mahon

Hi Sigidi. Well after my first days milling with the Woodmizer, i can honestly say it was a very physical day indeed! My alleged friend dropped out at the last minute so I had to load/unload myself and be my own offbearer! All went well, using the new double hard blades, only managed to saw through one nail! Anyways, i slept well that night but it was very enjoyable nonetheless. 598 tons to go! ouch.

Thank You Sponsors!