iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lost and found and maybe its yours...

Started by sawbob011, May 01, 2010, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawbob011

I am always amazed by what is sometimes left behind ind the woods but what I found today sure tops anything Ive ever found. under a branch where a bit of logging has been going on I found several saw chains and a nice bar (all look to be in good shape.) Ive left a message with the landowners to try and find out the company thats been working up there with hopes of returning it to the owner (as its a nice bar I reckon he might want it back). I thought too Id post here with hopes that someone might actually know. So if youve been logging in NW Montana near Marion/Pleasant Valley pm me. Ive got some of your stuff.
Echo CS-400 started it all
011 AVT

Gary_C

Yep, that was me. Go ahead and ship it off to me ASAP.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Tom

Well, that's Danged nice of you, sawbob11.

I'd say it was mine, but commuting from Florida might be a stretch to convince anyone.  :D

sawbob011

Quote from: Tom on May 01, 2010, 05:43:44 PM
Well, that's Danged nice of you, sawbob11.

I'd say it was mine, but commuting from Florida might be a stretch to convince anyone.  :D

lol. your flyer miles must be huge! I should say that it could be a firewood cutters too. Any rate if there is someone who thinks it theirs please pm me with a description of the bar, chain, and other items that may have been there too. If I dont find an owner in a month I call finders keepser ;-)
011 AVT

miking

We used to leave a lot of saws over several nights out on some of my jobs but never uncovered or over weekends. I'll bet that crew comes back Monday and someone on it will get a major talking-to.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

sawbob011

Quote from: miking on May 01, 2010, 07:51:27 PM
We used to leave a lot of saws over several nights out on some of my jobs but never uncovered or over weekends. I'll bet that crew comes back Monday and someone on it will get a major talking-to.

I bet they would if they left it intentionally. I personally wouldnt leave anything even well covered in this area. I found it about 50 feet off whats a major joining road between Marion and Pleasant Valley; or you could say between pleasant vally and the rest of the world. That road sees traffic all week from folks out to drive or getting to work and whatnot. And on the weekends any dead or down tree within 100 feet of the road is target for locals getting firewood, hikers (like myself) and hunters and trappers when the season is for it. With nice weather its full of people just out and about. Not safe for leaving a stash. But given the way things sat Id reckin it somehow fell from a truck.
011 AVT

miking

That is really weird. We left our stuff covered with camo cloth and cable locked together, and not in populated areas. Can't imagine what the thinking was there. Hot stuff maybe?
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

boobap

I would have to say those are mine...yup, all the way from Afghanistan...no?  :D Darn, that would make my day however  :) in case you wanted one... this is an excellent link to check out if you are into world developments http://www.infopig.com/keywords/afghanistan.html this one is specifically for Afghanistan, but there are plenty other links to check out...only 1,702,792 seconds and I will be heading back to the states for two weeks for my R&R...then back to Afghan I go... :-\

Take care all!
Todd

Cut4fun

Quote from: boobap on May 01, 2010, 10:31:32 PM
.only 1,702,792 seconds and I will be heading back to the states for two weeks for my R&R...then back to Afghan I go... :-\

Take care all!
Todd

Oh just wait. Someday you will get to do your double digit midget and single digit midget count down calendar  8).

sawbob011

owner found parts returned. he tried to give $100 for returning them but I declined on the principle that I returned them not for money but ffor the beleife that it was right and maybe should I loose something and they be found someone will do the right thing and try to return them to me. A little sad though, a 32 inch woodsmaster bar with 3 spare chains and file, socket wrench and a few sockets, in a tool box... In all some nice stuff I would have liked to own. But they are in the hands of the guy who actually paid for them now.
011 AVT

Weekend_Sawyer

Good for you, It feels good to do the right thing doesn't it.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

miking

You're a good example for us all, sawbob.

justintimemoto

thats good that you did that. when we broke through the ice last year i left my back pack out there for snowmobileing because i was not getting near the edge again lol i had  rachets sockets jets rope oil and every pair of gloves i own went back next day it was gone i got it back and the pepole who had it took my ropes and oil  and they were also the people who were supposed to pull my wheeler out who had no tools or cables and used all my stuff.  ask them never seen my pack and there answer was no  but a week later my pack was in there ice shanty  smiley_beady_eyes so i did get it back but it was missign my ropes and oil!!!!! but atleast i got it back :)
ms660 372xp 455 rancher

2006 suzuki rm 125 for sale

jjmk98k

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

LorenB

Sawbob,

Years ago, when I was a teenager, I had just gotten my first camera.  It didn't have a light meter and I wanted one badly.  You can imagine how thrilled I was when I found a Zeiss meter resting on a rock wall at an overlook when my family was visiting Yosemite. 

I did the right thing and turned it in to lost-and-found with the rangers.  They promised that I would get it if no one claimed it within a few weeks.  Darned if the owner didn't pick it up.  I was miserable, but I knew I had done the right thing. 

That Christmas my parents gave me an exact duplicate of that meter.  I still have it, over 40 years later. 

The moral of this story is: Tell your Mom.  Maybe she'll buy you a bar and several chains. 

– Loren
Loren
Baker 3667D portable sawmill, Cook's edger, Logrite arches & peaveys.  Husky 272XP chainsaw & two Echos.

Thank You Sponsors!