iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum's Poster Award

Started by Jeff, October 21, 2003, 04:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have a new feature on the forum now thanks to...
Ta-Da-Dat-ta- da -dah!!!!

Forestry Forum's Poster Award
Sponsored by Rust Reaper

For one reason or another, every other week the admins will gang together and pick a post or a poster to receive the award. We have spent days figuring out how we will do the selection and have a very complex formula developed that will remain a closely guarded secret. ;D

Anyhow, the winner will receive a starter pack of Rust Reaper lube Compliments of Mike P, Rust Reaper and Northco Products.

I want to take this opportunity to show what I have been doing and why I think this is a great prize.  Some of you may have read the thread I started about Identifying an old machine. It was a VERY rusty treasure that I got from Noble. Well, I found out it is a unitractor and I am in the process of restoring it to running condition. Just the kind of job mike said his product was designed to tackle.

Well, I got me a handy dandy starter pack of Rust Reaper, just like Northco will be presenting to our winners. I went out and I lubed all the rusted up nuts and bolts. It got dark on me and I had to put it away for the evening. The next night I went out and started what I figured would be a knuckle busting evening. HA!  Not a nut that would not turn or a part that would not come apart. I didn't twist a bolt or damage a nut or most importantly skin a knuckle. I am amazed.

Jeez, I sound like a salesman. What I am really trying to say is that if you win this award that will be given every other week, I feel you are getting a mighty fine prize.
Before I started

Applying Rust Reaper

Ready for sand blaster

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

We will announce our Winner every other Friday evening.

Kevin

...and our first contestant is ...KEVIN WATSON

C'MOOOoooN DOWN

8) 8) 8) 8)

Jeff

Kevin

You sure know how to ruin a party.  ???

Jeff

I'll see what I can do about a losers drawing...

Kevin

Jeff

SasquatchMan

Personally, I think these prizes should be given out for Haiku poetry in the Chainsaw forum. ;)
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Kevin

I can't see that happening any time soon.

ElectricAl

Jeff,

A good salemans has to be sold on the product before he can sell the product. ;)

Looks like your going to need the gallon size next round, if you keep collecting ;D
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Texas Ranger

I think (now that our Alaskan posters have gone into hibernation) it should be given to some one from the largest state.  Preferably and older person, not some of these Johnny Come Latelies. Preferably from the south east Texas area, and one who has been abused by this board. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SasquatchMan

Don, I think Alberta is the largest state now, isn't it? ;)

Kevin, you don't think the award is going for poetry, or just not for my poetry?

Frank_Pender

Now listen, boys nd girls, true ZHaiku has to be about nature, 17 syllables (5-7-5), with some indication of the season of the year. ;D with a touch of contrast in the last line. :P
Frank Pender

carhartted

Hibernation nothing. We are just waiting for the ground to freeze up so we can get back into the woods.  :)
Here's to making sawdust.

woodmills1

red leaves
resting upon the tree
winter coming
[/size][/color]

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Frank_Pender

Excellent on the contrast Woodmills 1, but you need some additional syllables

The quiet red leasves

Resting on Sugar Maple

Winter is coming

;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Frank Pender

SasquatchMan

Hey, not bad... we need to have a Haiku Forum...  Any other poets should add onto my Haiku thread in the Chainsaw column!

pappy

Rust Reaper the amasing creeper
use it before, during and after
Handy for disassemble and assemble
of stuck and frozen parts
To save a knuckle
when you loosen that buckle
so you won't twist a bolt
or damage your nut
To the tool box
for the Rust Reaper is a must  8) 8)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

trey_w

QuoteI think (now that our Alaskan posters have gone into hibernation) it should be given to some one from the largest state.  Preferably and older person, not some of these Johnny Come Latelies. Preferably from the south east Texas area, and one who has been abused by this board. ::)

Of course everyone knows that Texas is the largest state.  Don and I can go up to Alaska and melt some of that ice to prove it if we need to.  :D  And Don can have the first weeks prize.  I'll take the second one given out.   ;D
If you put your two cents in and only get a penny for your thoughts...who gets the change?

woodchip

Dr.Carters farter starters,Good for fits,farts, fainting spells,colds, moles,and sore elbows.It can be rubbed on or taken internally.

Texas Ranger

Well, thanks, Trey W, sporting of you, I think we Texans, as minority members of the board, should receive some affirmative action at times.

Where the heck is McKinney, anyway?

By the way, welcome to the board, these Yankees need a few southren boys to keep the place runnin'.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

trey_w

:D :D

I agree, McKinney is just northeast of Dallas, originally from Corpus Christi area (Sinton) though.
If you put your two cents in and only get a penny for your thoughts...who gets the change?

LSUNo1

Took a few Haiku lessons. Got to about Drange belt. Had to give it up because of bad knees... ;D

Jeff

Check back about 9:00 for the announcement of our first Forestry Forum's Poster Award Winner

Kevin

You're too late as usual, I just placed my order.

AtLast

I think there shold be a " best recipe" award...and THAN 1 for the post that went the longest WITHOUT the mention of food...

Jeff

There is and the sponsor is Peanut M-n-Ms and I win every time.

AtLast

Steve_McDonald should at least get an honorable mention for all the work he did on that historic pictures posting...fantastic pics  and ALOT of work....GREAT JOB STEVE 8)

Jeff

Yes, he should. You all get honorable mention. :)

Kevin

trey_w

I should get it for most honest...I'll tell ya the truth 4 or 5 different ways before I'd lie to ya.   :D

Minnesota_boy

There is more than one way to tell a lie.  My preferred way is to tell the exact truth, but tell it so unconvincingly that everyone just "knows" that I'm lying.  :o
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Kevin

We can't offer an award for stretching the truth, there would be too many winners.  :D

Jeff

I figured I would bring this back to the surface rather then start a new thread. Why? Cause were going to start doing it again!  Mike P and Rust Reaper will once again be sponsoring the Forestry Forum poster awards.  Every 2nd Friday we will have a new winner.   Go to the beginning of this thread to read what the drill is, cause were going to do it again!

Thanks to Mike and Rust Reaper!

Jeff

Warbird

Awesome.  That Rust Reaper is great stuff. 

Mike_P.

Since there have been some conversations about our cleaner/degreaser, we've included an 1/2 pint sample bottle of concentrate in the Poster Award package. 

At a 10:1 or even 5:1 dilution with water that should give someone a chance to see how the product performs for them.

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!