iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American loggers

Started by forest.c, April 27, 2010, 11:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forest.c

Davey on american loggers died today from complications with diabeties our prayers go out fur him and his family he was a good guy with a great sence of humor.
forest.c

Captain

Thanks for the news.  His family is in our thoughts.

Captain

gunman63

was he the chunky lowboy driver?

Mooseherder

You may be thinking of the guy from Swamp Loggers.  The guy who drives the Low Boy around is chunky.  He's probably on his way to Bangor, Iowa. :D

Davey drove a Skidder on the show.

gunman63

yep I was.  lets try it again,  davey had the "blackout" in the skidder one day,  house burned  down, or  am i wrong again, to many logging shows. LOL

Mooseherder

forest.c

my brother is the won who found him when he blacked out that day he was yarding to the limber my brother was running.
forest.c

twobears

i,am sorry to hear this...  :'(

delbert

fishpharmer

I watched the episode when he blacked out. 
My prayers go out to his family.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

I watched that show.That is too bad.He was young too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Thats a shame about Davey.I enjoy watching TV with real people not just hollywood pansies.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Samuel

That is too bad, he seemed like a good head.
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

twobears

how old was he??

delbert

thecfarm

He seemed young to me,maybe 60. forest.c will know better than me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

twobears

a year older then me..what,a shame!! we really need to find a cure for sugar. it runs in my moms side of the family and i,ve seen the effects of it first hand..

delbertl

JDeere

'American Loggers' Favorite David McLaughlin Dies
Posted Apr 27th 2010 12:19PM

David McLaughlin, a Maine woodsman and skidder operator who relished his supporting role on the Discovery reality series 'American Loggers,' died April 23, his employer told the Bangor Daily News. He was 45 and suffered from a severe diabetic condition.

McLaughlin, who went by Davey, is known to Discovery viewers for being a hardworking, good-natured logger. His struggles with diabetes were often documented on the show, and fans got to know his sense of humor.

'American Loggers' follows the work of the Pelletier logging operation in Maine. Rudy Pelletier told the Bangor News that McLaughlin's condition often kept him off the job.

"He could not control his diabetes. He was having problems," Pelletier said. "We had to release him [from work] from time to time so that he could get his health on track. It used to really concern me when we were out in the woods working."

Unlike AMC's 'Ax Men,' which also deals with logging, 'American Loggers' delves into the personal as well as the professional lives of its subjects. Pelletier believes viewers felt a connection with McLaughlin's health difficulties after watching him on the small screen. Watch a Clip

"He liked it whenever we had to go on appearances and meet people," Pelletier said. "He was actually the star of the show. Everywhere we went, people wanted to know how he was doing."

McLaughlin is survived by two sons, 18-year-old Ryan McLaughlin and 23-year-old Adam McLaughlin, and a long-time girlfriend, Laurie Carey.
Filed under:Celebrity Deaths -TV News
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Magicman

My hat is off to David and of course his family as well as his extended family. :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!