iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks Norm!

Started by scsmith42, April 26, 2010, 12:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

A while back Norm shared his recipe for Egg Noodles with me, and tonight was the first time that I tried them out.

WOW!

Five fresh eggs from our chicken coop never tasted better!  Methinks that Norms Noodles are going to be on the menu on a regular basis going forward.

THANKS NORM!!!!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

Your welcome Scott. :)

One of my favorites for that recipe is chicken and noodles. The local grocer runs a special about once a month for a 10# bag of hind 1/4's for $3.90. I use those instead of a whole chicken as the dark meat is just better tasting.

scsmith42

Yup, I can see where that would go well together.  I'll keep that in mind for the next time that I need to thin out the rooster inventory!

We had some homemade pasta sauce on ours - pretty tasty!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Raider Bill

Was this recipe posted somewhere or is it a secert? :P
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Raider Bill

Thanks!  Seems pretty Dang easy!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WH_Conley

I just watched a rooster walk across the yard that does not know how short his time is.
Bill

CHARLIE

Norm, that does look good! I just looked at the other thread where you gave the recipe with pictures.  Now, down south we call that Chicken and Dumplings.  The type of dumplings you made, we call "Sinkers".  Another type of dumpling is more like a drop biscuit and we call them "floaters".   My grandmother used to fix "Sinkers" and that is what I grew up with and what I prefer.  My wife likes "Floaters" so that is what she fixes and refuses to fix "Sinkers".  Now I can make my own!  THANKS!!!  8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Mooseherder

Making Chicken Noodle Soup is a pretty big production.  :D
But it sure is worth it.  Thanks Norm!
I didn't have Corn but we like Carrots. ;D

Norm

Good job!

Now that looks delicious MH, but I have to ask who got tasked with the noodle making?

Mooseherder

Well, I started the process but had to call in the re-enforcements when I got to pouring the Batter on the Counter.
I was at a standstill with my hands all caught up in the mix. :D
From that point my wife saved the day.  She rolled it out too after the hour wait and then I cut it on a cutting board.
One of those fancy Restaurant/Bakery mixers sure would be nice.
Here is a picture of the last Noodles making it into the pot.

Jeff

Being inspired this morning by this thread, this is what I made for Sunday Dinner. It was really good.  What we call Beef Stroganoff.  Thanks Norm!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

Sweet!

Boy you guys are putting me to shame with these great dishes. :)

Mooseherder

Having another bowl right now.
Not much liquid was in the pot until I nuked a bowl of it.  Then it came out of the Noodle Pores. :D
It's even better today. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!