iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help, Looking to relocate a timber-frame barn in central Indiana

Started by Rooster, January 09, 2011, 05:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster

Hey there,

I was contacted by a potential customer about relocating a barn just north of Indianapolis.  They would like to find someone locally who could dismantle and re-erect the frame on a different site.  Does anybody have any good contacts in that area?

Please PM ,email or call.

Thanks,

Rooster
saveabarn@yahoo.com
920-728-0353

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Jim_Rogers

One way to find someone who can do such a thing is to look in the TFG (timber framers guild) resource guide.

You can access the guide from the guild home page and follow the links to the site where it is stored online, and use it there.

Or, you can download it, as it is a pdf document, and then search it in your own computer, offline.

Once you find someone you can then email or call them and see if they are up to the job/project.

One that I can think of right of the top of my head would be Trillium Dell. But there maybe others.

Good luck with your search.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

bikedude73

Where are they???  I am in Columbus and have lots of contacts in many areas may not be able to help but may.  Give me a call 812-371-7912

Ironwood

I "had" a contact that I cannot find, he is from Pittsburgh and moved out that way to "set up shop" his name is Kent....???? no last name I will try to track him down, he is in the Indiana/Ohio border area. Pretty good size operation he was setting up, he should be able to help or direct you to someone who can.

Irownood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!