iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

computer timberframe program

Started by hey-dude, April 23, 2010, 09:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hey-dude

Jim, in your gin pole log, you talked about your timberframe computer program.  I've been looking for a very user friendly program, is there such a thing?  thanks, hey-dude

Jim_Rogers

Every CAD program has it's learning curve. Some more then others. If you have a good understanding of what you want to draw then you can make the program draw what you want.

They all take time to learn.

Good luck with your search.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

ljmathias

There is lots of stuff done with Google Sketch-up (I know Jim doesn't want to hear this) and  there are lots of pre-drawn TF components that you just load in once you have the program installed.  Like Jim said, though, there is a learning curve and it's fairly steep...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

witterbound

I'll second the sketckup notion.  It's free, and if you've got time to goof around with it and have some computer aptitude, it's a real good way to draw and view your timber frame in 3D.  And did I mention that it's free.  That's how I designed my frame.

Thank You Sponsors!