iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberwolf PRO MP firewood processor

Started by gunman63, April 23, 2010, 03:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunman63

Does anyone have one or run one, looking at one to do bigger wood than my hakki 1X37, thanks  MIKE

Bobus2003

HAve you checked out the Hahn? They have a pretty nifty Firewood processor.. My father was looking at getting one of theirs

gunman63

looked at them. way to much for what they  are.  pretty  fussy on  the the size of wood,  log piles need to be straight,  lots of  running back and forth, 8 hours of bouncing in the skidsteer is a lonng  time, takes a big skidsteer to  run it, 150 0r 180 bobcats anit big enough, not  enough  hyd power,takes a 330 , thats a expensive beast. they  dont do anything bigger than 14" or so, but its a one man operation

mainiac

I have one and I love it. I have done about 200 cord with mine. It takes me about 4 hours by myself to go from 28 foot logs to 2 cord of 16" fitted firewood on my truck. Have to split the logs in half as only 14' is max length for this machine. It handles crooked logs just fine because of the clamping system it uses. The top roller helps pull the log through to the saw(reason I bought this machine over the blockbuster). As mentioned in an earlier post, you have to load the logs fairly neatly on the log deck or you are walking back and forth a bit to straighten them out. I find that it is the small diameter stuff to be the most problem. I load mine with an old pulp truck so the bigger stuff is easier to lay out neatly. It will handle up to 22" logs, just have to resplit a couple of times. I have only found 2 pieces that would not go through the splitter. They were white ash that had multiple branches at the same level on the tree.

Mainiac
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

TeaW

I was impressed with the way it worked at the firewood competition last year and when the final results came out it had out performed the bigger Pro HDXL.
TeaW

gunman63

thanks for the input, i was hopeing for 20" wood to sneak thru it, granted  20 -22" isnt the norm, and all mine is 8' in length, small dia wood i sort and use in my outdoor boiler anyways, since i can run 4' in that  so that gets rid of the smaller stuff(3-5" wood). Inknow it wont be as fast of the 12" and down as the 1X37 but eaier for the bogger wood so overall better i think.

mainiac

The pro-mp will only process up to 24" in length comfortably and I was just reading the manual and it says upto 18"in diameter, but I know I have gotten bigger stuff through it.

I will measure the clearence when I go out to the machine later today.

Mainiac
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Thank You Sponsors!