iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dry pine firewood cheap and fast ????

Started by Louis, April 22, 2010, 10:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

Yes,  We look at a kiln to dry wood with but for now the coast is to high. What would be cheaper?? Thanks

zopi

Stack it on pallets, put a clear piece of plastic on top, then stretch wrap the whole thing...leave the pallets where they are in full sun most of the day...it gets hot inside the plastic and drives out the moisture..'s pretty quick..the stretch wrap is about 20 bucks at office max or walmart...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

stonebroke

A greenhouse would work but it is still a few bucks.

Stonebroke

Louis

logwalker

If you wrap it with stretch plastic there will be no where for the moisture to go.

But if you can find a used commercial dehumidifier used for $150 or so buy it. Then sticker the wood in full sun. Build a frame and cover it with plastic with extra room around the stack. Put a box fan or 2 and the dehumidifier. under it too. With free heat and good air flow with the dehumidifier going it will dry very quickly. Doesn't work well in the winter but does now. Of course what you just built was kiln.

Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Louis

Den Socling

Louis,

If you plan to sell firewood through some place like a local grocery store, you will probably find that the bugs need to be cooked. This requires 135'F in the core. You would need a kiln.

Den

red oaks lumber

i agree with den, and your firewood might need to be certified.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ga_Boy

Louis,

If you are considering building a fire wood kiln; I have a kiln controller, temp sensor, RH sensor, three way ball valve and 80 feet of finned copper tubing (water to air heat exchanger).  These items are from a kiln I shut down; all items work and are in good order. 

Let me know if you are interested in more information on these itmes.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Louis

Mark,
       Thanks for the offer, but not at this time. Dose not look like a kiln will happen this summer.

Louis

Thank You Sponsors!