iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought new pm10-10s mcculloch

Started by davefrommd, October 20, 2003, 11:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

This morning I bought a brand new mcculloch pm10-10s chainsaw with a 20" bar for $200.00. It has the floating sprocket clutch, decompression valve, chain tightener screw and auto/manual oiler and the chainsaw is all metal. I noticed there's no anti-vibration provisions on this chain saw. However it looks to be of high quality and I think well worth the price considering there not making this model any more. Through the help and suggestions of this forum I was able to print out the speck sheet of this chainsaw and knew more of what I was buying. Thanks everyone for the good help.  Dave

johncinquo

You mean kinda like this?   You gonna use it or just keep it for nostalga?
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

davefrommd

Yep, thats it. I'm going to use it for cutting firewood.  The oil mix sais 4oz a gal. in the front of the manual and 40-1 3.2oz oil in back of the manual.  Which mix should I use. This saw is brand new.  Dave

johncinquo

All the stats I have for that saw list it at 20-1.  If I was going to run it, I would get some good synthetic and mix it at whatever they recommend and use that.  I think the one I am using now is 50-1 or somewhat.  Why not use some new tech to make old tech last longer.  Course if it was mine, I would not use it to cut firewood anyway.  You do realize that saw was last produced in 1982, you darn near have an antique on your hands.  I have some I run for fun, but the one in the pic has never touched wood and never will.  At $200 you got a great collector saw.  If you gotta use it for wood, enjoy.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!