iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deadliest Catch

Started by Jeff, April 13, 2010, 07:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

New season starts tonight. I'm looking forward to it, but its going to be a very sad season due to the loss of Captain Phil.

Below is one of my favorite things. The back of a Bristol Speedway Flier. My other favorite captain signed it after I got to talk to him on the phone. That was a trip I tell ya what. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brad_bb

How is it you ended up running into these guys, Jeff? 
Doesn't Johnathan life in Indiana?  I'd like to know how he's a crab fisherman and from Indiana?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Brad_bb

Oh, the other thing I'd like to know is have Jacob and Josh quite smoking and drinking energy drinks after all this- start taking care of themselves better?

mcfcfan

Not yet started in NZ, but i cannot resist reading thIS thread as it develops.
Same with the Surviver Hero's V villians series.
We have just had episode 1. and I am already tempted to look at the current thread what happens next.
Don't know how long I can last out. :-X :-X
Cheers
Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

LOGDOG

That's awesome Jeff! I agree with you about this season being a sad one with the loss of Capt. Phil. It's weird, he's a guy on a reality TV show (that we never get tired of watching the re-runs of) but this weekend when we watched a few episodes and Phil was mentioned and pictured I felt this sinking feeling dart through me. R.I.P. Captain Phil ....

D Hagens

I'm gonna get out the coat hangers and make some rabbit ears so we can watch this tonight! 8)
Anyone know what time it's on in Canada as in B.C? ???

JohnG28

Sure will be a sad season watching knowing Captain Phil is no longer with us.  Have it recorded to watch when I get home, love the show.  RIP Phil.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Jeff

Quote from: Brad_bb on April 13, 2010, 07:54:51 PM
How is it you ended up running into these guys, Jeff? 
Doesn't Johnathan life in Indiana?  I'd like to know how he's a crab fisherman and from Indiana?

Ya gotta have friends that are in high places. :D   Burlkraft watched the Bristol race from the same suite as Johnathan Hillstrand last summer and got him to call me while I was in da U.P. and also got him to sign that race flier for me.

I think its Andy Hillstrand that has a horse ranch in Indiana.

Almost every scene with Phil and everything he said tonight had this unshakable feeling of melancholy.

Jeff

SwampDonkey

It seems it's on the local Fox/CBS feed on Sundays at 2:00 am and 1:00 pm EST. I think I saw one show, but I don't tend to watch much TV anymore. At that time of day I'm usually not sitting at a TV.   ;D

Next local broadcast episodes this Sunday are:
2:00 am Caught in the Storm

1:00 pm Catching the Line

This is a cool TV listings site. http://www.titantv.com
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SPIKER

I watched the show it was good season start. sad knowing that Capt Phil is gone.   Will be hard on Jake as Phil put him onto the Hilstrand's boat to trade deck hands with the Hilstrand's Jake deck hand.   
Jake & Josh were getting into it and Phil wanted to separate them.

I actually used the quote Capt phil had used, (I had heard it prior)
"Some people make things happen,
Some people watch things happen,
and the others set back and wonder What the heII just happened!"

I still will be watching the show from now till it ends..

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

okmulch

Capt Phil made a lot of visits here to Stillwater. He became good friends with the guys here at KICKER. (for some that do not know that is a manufacturer of speakers and stereo components with main offices here in Stillwater Oklahoma). The guys at kicker fixed up the Cornelia Marie with an awesome sound system. The film crew on the Cornelia Marie would have to tell them to turn it down so they could film.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Radar67

Was the Northern Belle one of the boats on the show?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

BCinVT

Don't know about the Northern Belle,but the 2 Jakes switched boats.Not to the Time Bandit but from the Cornellia Marie to the Northwestern and vise-versa.Have watched the first 2 episodes,and am wondering if Phil makes it through the king crab season and then passes before the opellio? season.Looks like Edgar might be getting ready to get out of crabbing also.
I don't think I know it all. I know enough to ask now.To bad it took so long to figure that out:)

Jeff

Tonight should be a good one. Here is a teaser clip.  I'm guessing they decide to transfer Jake back to the Cornelia Marie via a swmin in a survival suit.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/deadliest-catch-season6-episode4/?bcid=82267321001

twobears

JEFF:phil was offloading kings at st paul when he got sick.a crew member found him on the floor of his cabin unable to speak..from what i saw this weeks show will be it for phil..it seems weird to see phil on the tv now knowing he passed.i heard he was feeling ok in the hospital..he was walking around and then sat on the bed next to a good friend..he told that friend he didn,,t feel so well then he passed away shortly after that.
he told one of the boys to get off the boat for good..at the moment i can,t remember which one tho.

delbert

JohnG28

It was Jake, and I think it was a little dispute over attitude, but it doesnt look like hes going to leave the ship.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

twobears

i guess i was wrong..it must be while there snow crabbin.i do know it seems weird to sit infront of the tv and watch a guy you know is going to die.

delbert

LOGDOG

Really tough to watch these last couple of episodes of Deadliest Catch. Sure hate to see those boys fighting while Phil's on his death bed. Sad to see Phil like that too. Reminds me that I need to appreciate life everyday because it ends too soon.

JohnG28

Sure is tough to watch. But it was good to see John from the Time Bandit there with them. He seems like a hell of a guy and helping Josh keep it together.

Brad_bb

Jake admitted that he's addicted, to narcotics I think.  Jake needs to be in rehab as Josh argued.  It's really nice to see Josh step up to the plate and take control.  He needed to do that.  It's weird seeing this, but now knowing what has happened in the months since.  I really hope they both take a lesson from Phil, and quit smoking and start taking care of themselves.  Life is too precious to do stupid stuff like smoke, dip, drink to excess, or drug.  Gotta realize that there's much more to life worthwhile.

SPIKER

Phil caught him stealing his meds, prescription drugs , pain killers I think, I missed part of the show when it aired but it was right after during the phil was yelling & screaming he didnt want to see Jake anymore and that he was going to be off the ship one way or the other when they docked & off loaded that is where Phil had the stroke at that off load time. :(   Sad, I always liked the show for the people on there and Phil was one I really related too.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

whitepe

I know this is an old photo from 2008, but I will post anyway.   I guess I have been absent from the forum too long.
Jeff,  I sure do like the Java Uploader for photos.

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

beenthere

Sorry, but who is in the pic?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Whitepe  -  Wizard Captain Keith Colburn - Becky

Thank You Sponsors!