iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bell Saw at work

Started by captain_crunch, April 12, 2010, 10:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Had this 9 ft log I was worried about

[

Will up load some more later but this was done with 40 hp Tractor and it did not cut thru log so I don't understand HP issue Ford 3000 walked right thru this Doug Fir Log
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

captain_crunch

M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

captain_crunch

backwoods sawyer

Almost need a top saw for your mill. There is a mill down out of Grantspass that has a top arbor but no saw on it and the price is right.
I have been cutting Doug fir about the same size, still have a few larger ones to pull out, they will need split. Looks your are not having any real trouble handling that size of log. What size of saw are you running?
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Shetland Sheepdog

Lookin good Brian! I'm glad somebody's figured out how to post pictures on this forum!
Dave
Proud operators of Sunset Tree Farm. 130 acres of "hilly" forest, and part of the American Tree Farm System.

captain_crunch

B_W_S
I got a 46" wheel big as a M14 will clear it will cut 17 in above carrage but what causes me to wonder about is hp requirements to run mill ??? ??? My 3000 is only 40 PTO hp and did not even Bog with blade burried  ::) ::) But I do have hyd drive rather than factory belt system but ran carrage same speed as cutting 2"

Shetland Sheepdog as in Dave
Srink em to 400X350 pixies and just like RPM

poor farmer/logger

Hi CC, good to see you're back sawing again. Good to hear that  the ford is working out good for ya. Sounds like it's just the ticket for ya.

Wish I was there to see ya put the log threw. I'd hide though when the time came to roll it.lol.. There not to bad if they dry but some of them green ones can sure be a brute sometimes.

You start logging again yet?

Dave do you still have those instructions that I sent you? Like CC says you may have to resize them a bit.  I did run into that problem with one picture I was trying to post. So far the rest have gone threw  okay though.

Ryan

captain_crunch

Ryan
Durn glad to hear from you ;D ;D Thought you fell off edge along with Wizzard of North. No we are still setting on thumbs waiting for the Change >:( >:( >:( But still to Winter like here (had dusting of SNOW last Fri) Just got Brave enough to cut some of the Long Butts  from last summer. Hows things up your way ???
The tongs and chain hoist make rolling logs not too bad. But ifn you were around here we could have fun sawing together 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

bandmiller2

Wow,now I know where you got your handle ,have mercy on that belsaw.Looks like you put alot of thought in your setup.Did you design those turners,do they work well?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

poor farmer/logger

Still kicking around. Haven't been over on this side to much latley. Decided I'd check in last night though and low and behold the first post I see is yours CC. Haven't seen much or heard much from ol Wizzard of the north.lol.. lately though. Must've gone north with the polar bears.lol..

Didn't get our logs hauled home at all but we got out enough for the year again. Been sawing a bit but mostly pileing lumber that we cut last fall. Sure hope somone comes and buys some pretty soon though. We're running outa space to put it unfortunatly. Hasn't been much for sales now for a long time.

Bought a 3/4 ton truck so I'm one step closer to making it out your way. Just need to pay off some bills over the next while then hopefully make a trp down towards ya. Don't keep the light on for me though as it might be a bit. :D

Ryan

captain_crunch

B_W_S
Tell me more about this Top Saw critter sounds kinda interesting :o :o
Bandmiller2
Wish I could take the credit for part of the design of mill but here are the two who did most of the setting up of mill Duane who has had mills like this all his life and Jered My Oldest boy

backwoods sawyer

He is looking for someone to come in with a backhoe and do some clean up and build a burn pile for the rest.

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Peder McElroy

Nice job Brian.  Love to see those Belsaw's At work. I have some Redwood about that size but at this time have no way to move the big ones on to my belsaw and have to use the Lucas on them. I think I have a lead on a forklift to do a trade for. I got my Photo Gallery up and running Thanks. Happy for the rains to stop and get to sawing. Peder

captain_crunch

Here we go again

This is part of what log became 2-2"X16" boards for Jered's bench and 3 -1X16's
Here is more of log

Hope you can see the 3/4X1/2 steel added to carrage this does 2 things one it adds strengh to carrage but it also reduces drag surface to move cant to saw

Next victum(all done now)

Thank You Sponsors!