iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Open House - Mt. Vernon, Mo. May 1, 2010

Started by Bibbyman, April 11, 2010, 10:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

May first is only a couple of weeks away!  How time flies.

Mary and I are making plans to be at the open house in Mt. Vernon.  Who else is making plans?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

We'll it don't look likely we'll make it to the open house.  We've got son and D.I.L coming in this weekend.  They're moving to Minneapolis where she got a new job so we're not likely to see them for a while.

If you get to go,  take pictures and report back. 
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Well,  it looks like I'm going to go stag to the open house.  Mary's going to stay home to feed the dowgs, chickens, kids, etc.  Storms moving in anyway.

Hope to see y-all there!   8)
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

I got down to Mt. Vernon on Friday and got to spend some time with long time friends at WM.  R-May and Sam showed up Friday afternoon and we got to visit quite a bit. I returned for the show on Saturday morning.  There was a good turnout.  Wood-Mizer had most of everything on display and in demonstration that day – except for an LT40 Super or LT50.  These mills being in short supply right now.

They did have an LT28 there that was sold.  Apparently the sales promotion on the LT28 went will.  Even at the closing bell on Friday afternoon,  Will Baugh got a call from a late deciding customer taking advantage of the price on the LT28.  Dave said they had the phones manned for those last minute shoppers.

Dave Mann starting a slab through the HR120 to Greg Baire as folks watch.

Dave Mann of WM leading group in prayer that R-May's new single blade edger will always cut true. No. Not really. It just looks like what he's doing. They're all looking at the boards on the ground that have been edged and ripped on the edger. But this is R-May's new edger.

Joe Alexander's (WM Re-Sharp - Mt. Vernon) blade collection. People actualy send blades in looking like this to be re-sharpened.

Joe and I visited a good bit on Friday afternoon.  I had taken the new stellite blade down that had cut a 40d spike and let him review the damage.  He appraised the damage so slight and the general sharpness of the blade to still be quite serviceable so he didn't recommend re-sharpening it at this time.

Here is a photo of the tooth chipped on the stellite blade after....

Cutting through this spike at an angle.  The blade had already sawn at least 1,000 bf of the oldest and largest oak I had on the lot.

Thanks to Will, Dave and the WM folks for a good visit and show.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

I'm glad Roy is apparently prospering.  I've wondered about him.  He and Sam are nice fellows :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on May 02, 2010, 11:58:55 AM
I'm glad Roy is apparently prospering.  I've wondered about him.  He and Sam are nice fellows :)

He brought your name up a couple of times.  He was real worried about the tornados and storms going through your area.

Most people I talked to were doing well business wise or at least keeping busy with some indication that business was picking up.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

We had a good thunderstorm,  but the twisters missed us by about ten miles.  One of my former Ag. students lost his house,  but was not injured.

There was a severe storm down around Yellville Arkansas,  I hope Arky is OK.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

ARKANSAWYER

Them nators blowed all around us but missed.
  I would have loved to seen the resaw at the show.  I really wanted to go.  I had a IBEP instructor course to go to in Pine Bluff but the storms wiped that out.  So I worked a Wood Carving show in Mt Home and did some politicking.  Just to many irons and not enoug fire.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!