iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 With 2-planeclamp and log turner w/pictures

Started by sdunston, April 10, 2010, 10:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdunston

Well I got all the hardware done for my hyd 2-plane clamp and log turner installed. The main goal was to maintain the manual clamp and use the mill in manual mode, just in case the hyd section went to lunch. The next goal was to do the install with-out any welding on the mill frame, this way it could be put back to OEM in no time at all.You will see an added flip up arm on the 2plane clamp this it just for added pull length(it has reflective tape on it I heard the band wont cut through this stuff ;D). The other is an added bar with a snatch block that mounts to the man clamp holes to better pull logs up the loading rails(will be used very seldom because I load with a loader). I may add hyd loading arms next but I will see how this works. Enjoy
Sam

The pump is going to be a 115 volt powerpack and I slill have to install all the lines and hoses
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

customdave

Sam, way to go very neat & nicely done , woodmizer would be proud!!! Keep up the good work & enjoy your mods  8)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

timberjackrob

keep us posted on how it works when your finished looks great
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

Chuck White

Good clean job Sam!

Most people wouldn't know it from factory! ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sdunston

Thanks Guys for all the good feedback, will do a post on the first log I slice up 8)
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

sdunston

Another weekend has come and gone but I feel I got alot done. The pump unit and hard lines are in, just waiting for hoses to be made and the valve to come in. I think I am going to put disconnects on the pump so I can plug into the tractor if need be.(ie electric goes out or pump goes out). Also the hardlines should work as a cooler also.

Sorry for the lightened picture, don't know what happened :D :D
Sam

bandmiller2

Good job Sam,its best to set the hyd. relief valve on the low pressure end so nothing will get bent or cants damaged.Easy matter to turn the pressure up if you need it for turning the biguns.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sdunston

bandmiller2 , Any recomendation's on presure range?

Thank You Sponsors!