iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I busted a hump yesterday

Started by Dan_Shade, April 10, 2010, 11:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

The customer is residing the barn in the background of the photos.

The job scaled at 2600bf, and it took me almost 10 hours to wrap up, counting a lunch break.  There were a lot of 1x12s and 1x10s, with a handful of 6 and 8" boards.  I should have taken a picture of the mess, I almost needed him to pull the mill out with his tractor!

The customer sticked up the stack, on my suggestion.  I didn't realize he did the two stacks that close together until they were 2/3 the way done the second one!  at least it's better than dead stacked lumber.  He plans to put up the siding in the fall. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

You did good.  I managed 1781 bf of mostly 1X12 SYP for siding yesterday in about 6 hours.  I didn't get a picture, but any day sawing is a good day...... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Good job Dan!

Today, we sawed out 1,072 bf in 4.8 engine hours!
Equals 223.48 bf/hr.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dan_Shade

these big jobs make me want a super
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sigidi

Quote from: Magicman on April 10, 2010, 07:06:54 PM
... but any day sawing is a good day...... 8)

I'm hearing ya ;D 8) ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

Chuck White

Best day yet, 1404.2 board feet with 6.1 engine hours.
About half-and-half, 1" & 2".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

Today we did even better.
We sawed 1818.9 board feet of 1/3 1inch and 2/3 2inch White Pine.
We racked up 6.3 engine hours.

Thank You Sponsors!