iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back to work

Started by jim king, April 09, 2010, 01:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I couldnt take retirement anymore and have reset up the factory and starting to produce flooring blanks for China.

Here are photos of our first arrival of wood.  We will bring in about 1400 bf a day like this using several boats.  The trip takes 18 hours.

Tom

eighteen hours!   You're a lot closer to China than I thought.   :D

DirtForester

Very interesting!  Thanks for sharing.
If it's a good tree, grow it!
www.smithandwessonforums.com

pigman

Jim, I am sorry to here you were a failure at your retirement. ;D   
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

fishpharmer

Thanks Jim.  I wouldn't want to go to China on that boat. :D

I wonder if the Chinese will use your product to make product to sell to US? 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Guess that you could say that I also was a failure at retirement..... :)  I bought a Sawmill..... :)

Jim, apparently there are many people depending on you and your mill for their livelyhood  ???

Retirement means so many different things to different people.  As long as you are doing what you want to do, then that's good enough.  Provide a service, meet people, get plenty of exercise, and make a few $$ along the way.....life is good..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hilltop366

Happy unretirement.....?

Do you have to give back your gold watch?

Thank You Sponsors!