iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made Carriage for Alaskan Mill to run on my Lucas 6-18

Started by Peder McElroy, April 06, 2010, 10:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder McElroy

I have been trying to figure out how to make a slabber for my Lucas mill and don't have the funds to buy the factory setup. So I did some thinking and came up with a rolling carriage to hold an Alaskan mill . I hava a 36" one an a 48" mill and they both work on the mill rails and best of all I can just pick it up and place it on the rail with out having to remove the motor setup of the Lucas mill,just move it to the other end. If I can ever figure out how to shrink me Photos I will post some photos. It cost me $24.00 and some angle iron that I had kicking around.  Peder

brdmkr

Peder, I am hoping you figure out how to shink those photos.  I'd like to see what you worked out.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Stephen1

We would love to see your photo's. You do not have to shrink them, follow the directions for adding photo's, it really is so easy to do now, compared to when we had to resize before downloading. Jeff has set up a very easy system now.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Peder McElroy

I loaded Photos in my gallery but can't find them. Peder

js2743

looks like a neat idea, do you think you could use a vertical shaft motor, put a sprocket and clutch on it and fix it to run a chain on same set up as you have made here?

fishpharmer

Peder I like that homemade slabber setup.  Well done.  You may have to ask Jeff or Tom to setup your photo gallery, I did.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Peder McElroy

Yes js I guess you could put about anything on the carriage,but I was keeping it simple. You use the lucas system to raise and lower the saw the same as when cutting with the lucas motor and blade. I think it's all about keeping it simple. I did manage to load some photos there in my gallery. if you can find it. Peder

Thank You Sponsors!