iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 60? Power problem.

Started by welderskelter, April 04, 2010, 10:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welderskelter

My neighbor has I think its a Husky 60. It runs fairly good cept it wont idle good and has no power. Chain stops easily. I think it probably needs a crankshaft seal on chain side. I suppose it should have a new bearing too. Can these be replaced easily or not. Thanks Harold

welderskelter

Ok. I was wrong. Dont tell my wife. Its a 61 Husky. I need to know can the seals be replaced in the crankcase without actually splitting the case? Thanks Harold

Kevin

How is the seal between the carb and crank case?
Is the compression good?
I would do a pressure test before ripping it apart, it might be a carb issue.

lumberjack48

Don't go for the heart with out doing some simple testing first.
The first thing to check is the muffler, sounds like the screen is plugged, should take the screen out anyway.
Check the crank seal, carb seal, head gasket, by spraying starting fluid, if their sucking air the saw will rev up.
When you have the muffler off look at the piston, if it has groove's  going up and down, or a burnt look this is a problem.
Best of luck
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

SawTroll

Quote from: welderskelter on April 06, 2010, 09:01:06 PM
Ok. I was wrong. Dont tell my wife. Its a 61 Husky. I need to know can the seals be replaced in the crankcase without actually splitting the case? Thanks Harold

There actually never was a Husky 60..... :)
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!