iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM hydrualic fluid question.

Started by Dave Shepard, April 02, 2010, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I've got a leak on our 2008 LT-40Super. The manual doesn't say what oil the mill is equipped with, and I was hoping to work on it this weekend. I don't want to put the wrong stuff in. Will wait 'til Monday if needed. Thanks.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

MartyParsons

Dextron III would be the highest Visc. oil that should be used. The 006397 oil is a little lighter thsn Dextron III
Do you have the operator manual? Look on the back cover the oils and recomended lubes should be listed there.

There are three listed.

Hydraulic Fluid Conoco MV32 006397 1 gallon Recommended for:
All-weather applications
Exxon Univis HVI 13 P12822 1 gallon Recommended for:
Cold-weather applications
Amoco Rycon Oil MV P10330 5 gallons Recommended for:
Tropical Applications
Continuous Run Applications

Thanks!
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Dave Shepard

Thanks Marty. I found the lube chart, but not anything that tells me which lube is actually in the mill. It isn't ATF, as it's clear.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

MartyParsons

Hydraulic Fluid Conoco MV32 006397 1 gallon Recommended for:
All-weather applications

This is what the factory puts in the drive bearing and the hydraulic system.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Dave Shepard

Thanks Marty, is there a crossover of compatible oils? We usually run Mobil lube in our machinery. I don't think I could find any Conoco products around here.

sparks

Here is a complete fluid list we recommend. Hope this helps in the future.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Dave Shepard

I talked to Dave Scott in Hannibal this morning and he fixed my leak over the phone. :D Turns out the filter had loosened up. He said the mill came with the Univis HVI 26, so I ordered a pail from my lube supplier. I topped off with Dex/Merc to get by, but will drain the system and replace with the Univis when it gets here.

Thank You Sponsors!