iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Service

Started by ForestMan, April 02, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForestMan

I have had my mill (LT10) since late last month.  We just got around to putting it together.  We were missing one part, the sight for the ruler, and another piece was not working, the shocks that allow you to pull the head back up. 

These were called in on two different days.  I had my sight in two days time.  I fully expect my new shocks to be in by this weekend.

There is absolutely no hesitation on Woodmizer's part.  Problem - try this, or this...no?  Solution - here's your new part.  Absolutely amazing.

They even called us a few days after we brought it home to see how we were doing.

I told the service rep that this (service) is why I bought a Woodmizer.

I could have bought other brands, but for my money, Woodmizer has it where it counts.

I have just become a lifetime Woodmizer customer.  Incredible!
There is nothing like the natural beauty of wood.

ladylake

Other companys have good service too.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

jdtuttle

I agree Forestman, Woodmizer has great service. I bought a used LT40HD. When I called Woodmizer with questions you would have thought I bought it new from them. She's a 92. They have helped me on numerous occasions.
jim
Have a great day

Magicman

I too have experienced prompt professional service from WM.  Over the years, I've also dealt with other manufacturers/suppliers who happen to also be sponsors here.   Yes, prompt professional service.

When your hobby, side line, or livelihood depends upon the dependability of others, it's nice to know, without question, that they will go the extra mile every time...... :)

Maybe we need a Sponsor Appreciation Day.  Thanks Guys..... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ForestMan

Steve, I don't doubt that others have great service.  I am simply letting you know of my personal experience with Woodmizer.  

It is sort of a vindication of my reason for buying a Woodmizer.  I had looked at other mills from other great companies.  When I made my purchase, I did it because of the reputation Woodmizer has for excellence in service.  I kind of went out on a limb there, having no prior experience with Woodmizer, only the testimonies of others.  I'm just saying that my personal experience was one of prompt and excellent service.

It has been a long time, in a world of big box, unpersonalized, take-a-number service, that I have had great personal service with an actual human being on the other end of the line.  And the surprising speed of service when my new part arrived in only two days, that was amazing to me.  They sent it UPS Second Day air.  I just didn't expect that.

There is nothing like the natural beauty of wood.

woodmills1

woodmizer used owner since 1995

never a bad experience

would add also have a blue ox

never a bad experience

also ad  own second forester from payeur  I know, not a sponser  don't know why
never a bad experience

logright  DanG  they are just good
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

sigidi

Forestman, it is terrific when you find some one who still knows what 'service' is isn't it? Like you have in this post - I go out of my way to publicly tell everyone how good my experience has been with my sawmill too and how appreciative you are of that service. Well done to you and well done to Woodmizer 8)

All the stuff Magicman said, is why if need be  you do pay that extra (I was lucky I didn't have to, best price on the market for what I bought) for that no nonsense, you are the customer kind of thing from someone who produces a great machine and gives terrific service
Always willing to help - Allan

Busy Beaver Lumber

Forestman

I am with you 100%. My experience with the sales and service folks at WM has been nothing short of impressive. One day I called to confirm the pick up date on my LT-10 mill and verify that it was ready as scheduled and my salesman was away from his desk for a moment. Within 5 minutes, he called me back and appologized for not being there to take my call then said take this number down, and gave me his personal cell phone number so that I would never again miss him. Even when I owned an LT-25, any parts or accessories I ordered were on my front door step the next afternoon. Can not beat service and response time like that and this is the major reason I chose WM when I went to buy my second mill.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

wwsjr

Another service that has not been mentioned in this thread is the availability of field service annually in several areas of USA. I am now running my third WM mill since I first started sawing in 2002, first LT40G25, second LT40HD34, third 2006 LT40HD51 Super with remote. I have had all the mills serviced once a year by factory tech. Bob Wooten is tech that works our area usually in the Feb - Mar timeframe. The average cost each year has been around $500.00 including parts used. Each time Bob comes by, I learn something new about my mill or "how to" perform maintenance. He adjusts all parts to factory specs, usually 1/32" tolerance. This is a service that I think is plus to keeping my mill up and running.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

jrkimroxie

I've only had my WM LT28 for a month, but have found Timmy in Perkinston MS to be the most helpful salesman/sawyer I could have ask for.
Loving life 1 log at a time !!!!

ljmathias

I agree with wwsjr: having your mill tuned up by a professional once in a while (can't afford once a year but wish I could) is great.  Had mine done last year and it's amazing how all the little tweaks and adjustments add up to affect overall performance.  And it comes under the gradual decline rule (that I just made up): things can get worse so slowly that you don't notice till they're so bad you can't help but notice, or something like that.  Anyway, the point is this: I'm not savvy enough to know when things are going bad so don't know when to tune up, and the real problem I have is that I'm not on the mill every day anymore; too busy building houses and doing spring chores.

In short- having the drive-by service is fantastic.  If it were like insurance, say at $25/month with a guarenteed once a year check-up and tune-up, I'd buy it in an instant.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Meadows Miller

Gday

Get use to it Mate  ;) :D ;D This Industrys full of storys like yours I think its got somthing to do with Most people in this game are salt of the earth types who will go out of there way to help and who aim to do the right thing by people from the start Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)
which is becoming very rare in society today which is sad as the world use to be full of them  ??? ::) ::) there is sadly afew of that type of person who are comming into this game that are out to make a quick buck and shaft you but fortunatly those storys are still few n far between But they get weeded out in short time too   ;)

Allan I hear you mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)  Warren and i chatted and spent time nutting out trying to fit a bigger motor into the old 8-20 frame for me  ;) but my old  mill was only ever settup to take the briggs which where all they used back then  ;) and I ended up getting the 10-30 i got the bigger motor and a whole mill to go with it  ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Like one Old Sawmiller i use to work for once said to me A Good Sawmill will Last you a Lifetime if you look after it Son ;) ;D  ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!