iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heart goes out to All the People under water.

Started by Peder McElroy, April 01, 2010, 11:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder McElroy

I Hope that all gets back to normal in the east coast soon and that no mills are under water.  Peder

sigidi

Peder , I hadn't heard about all the water, been under a rock for a little while, but I too hope no mills are under water...

that was my Lucas last year  :o :'( somewhere a bit to the left of the power pole and about 2-2.5m (6-8') under water!
Always willing to help - Allan

bandmiller2

Allen,do you mates down under still use inch,foot, pounds or have you been sucked into that mm,cm meter thing I see you use boath.I'am too old and stubborn to switch.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Peder,the flooding problem here is very localized the problem is folks that built homes in the flood plain and low areas along streams much like your cliff dwellers out west.Its a major aggrigation to people in the low areas but not like the flash floods,water just rises and gets your stuff wet.I've got two cellar sump pumps running but thats kinda normal this time of the year.Just thankfull its not snow.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sigidi

Frank when it comes to cutting timber, I'm happy to use both, I'm often guilty of switching between both when talking about 1 piece of timber, so something like 3m long 6x2 ;D admittedly I've been educated that you guys would call a 6x2 a 2x6 or even an 8/4x6. We are metric down under so our street signs are all kilometres, our meat is all sold by the kilo and material is sold my the metre, it's been like that since our family came out here almost 20 years ago, but we came from the UK which was pounds, ounces, feet, inches and miles.

I use both measurements here on the Forestry Forum for everyone else, on our Aussie forum I only use the 'other' measurements ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

Old Hilly

Well, this metric stuff is fine but if I have to get into a boat I make certain that it is at least 12 Feet long, not some piddling little 3.6 metre thing.  ;)
12 has to be bigger than 3.6, right? ::)
Dennis.
8)

Coon

'other measurements'...... is that like 'the other white meat' ?  :D   ;)

Here in Canuckistan we use both.... makes for alot of organised confusion at times.   >:(

Coon.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!