iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The places you've been...

Started by inghamb87, March 31, 2010, 10:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackLeg

Russia, (Moscow, Leningrad), Finland, England, China, Maccau, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Japan, Canada (all except Alberta)

All the states except New Mexico, Nebraska, and Iowa.  Hope to do them this year.  Of all the places I've been, the western US is my favorite.  Wide open, room to breathe. 

BUT, NC is home, and the best place that I've ever lived. 

M2CW

Gary_C

Quote from: Raider Bill on April 01, 2010, 10:12:51 AM
Been to Disney ;D

Was that in Orlando or DC?  ;D

Well one "interesting" place was Newark. Everything you've heard is true.  :)

Then there is Intercourse, PA. but I didn't see anything "interesting" there.  ::)

And I once tried to drive across midtown Manhattan during rush hour one hot summer afternoon. That was real interesting.  :o

And I once walked into a bar in San Francisco till a friend tugged on the back of my shirt and said he did not see anything he was "interested" in there. But other than that, San Francisco is a fantastic town.

And everyone should go thru the Gettysburg National park and walk or drive thru that piece of history. The stillness, birds singing and erie feeling I got when I was there was more than interesting.

Then there is the Mesabi Iron Range in northern MN where you can look down in those huge open pits and see those 240 ton ore carriers with 18 foot tall tires that look like ants crawling around down there.

Oh, so many interesting places. But I'd better leave room for Tom.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

scsmith42

Hmm.. it's interesting to note how many of us have travelled throughout the US...

I've been in 48 of the 50.  Still waiting to make it up to Alaska and Maine.  Have also been to Puerto Rico, Mexico, and England, as well as Victoria, BC.   
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DR_Buck

I've been to 45 of the 50 States -  Missed OR, WA, ND, SD, AK  Lived in PA, FL, VA, CA
Quebec  x 2
Ontario  x 2
England  x 8
Scotland x 2
Puerto Rico  x 5
Cuba (GITMO)  x 7
St Croix
Jamaca
Hati  x 2
Morocco
Tunisia
Gibralter
Spain x 6
France x 2
Italy  x 4
Palma de Mallorca x 2
Sardinia
Greece
Corfu
Rhodes
Austrailia x 7
Portugal
Mexico

and.........Harrison Michigan  x 2

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

LeeB

I been to Jamaica too. Ya'll keep reminding =me of places I forgot. This DanG CRS is really getting bad. ::)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Gary_C on April 03, 2010, 04:44:38 AM
Quote from: Raider Bill on April 01, 2010, 10:12:51 AM
Been to Disney ;D

Was that in Orlando or DC?  ;D

I've been to both One place is funny the other one is  sad............:D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bro. Noble

I've never been out of the US except for the time I went to Arkansas ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

DanG

I've been in all States east of the Mississippi, except for Vermont.  We were having engine trouble in the Minnie Winnie on the New England trip, and had to stick to the coastline to avoid the hills. :-\  Also been to Tx, NM, Nv, Ok, Az, Ar, Ut, Or, Wa, and Ak.  My forays outside the US include Vietnam, Japan, Australia and Haiti.  A few of these were just stopovers, but I managed to spend a little time in most of them, finding things of interest everywhere.  I suppose the most "interesting" of them all was Vietnam.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Cambodia.  I spent so long being prohibited from mentioning that, I forgot it's ok to talk about now. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

jander3

Swim call off a nuclear sub...early 80s.  Bermuda Triangle, 3000 feet of water, guy on the con with a gun watching for sharks; another guy on deck with fins and mask ready to keep anyone who was floundering from floating adjacent to the reactor (they design those thing to protect folks that are on the inside on the submarine).

600 mile self-contained bicycle trip around the state of Arkansas camping under bridges and on any old property that wasn't posted.

captain_crunch

No where I guess Oregon,Calif,Washington and Idaho :( :( :( :'( :'(
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Warren

In the U.S.,  been to most of the states east of the Mississippi and south of MI, PA, and NY.  Church trips to Kenya and El Salvador.  Business trips to Canada, England, Belgium, Germany, France.  And 3 hrs in the Republic of Kiribati....

Have averaged about 10% travel over the past 30 years.  Enjoy going out to see new places,meet new people.  But always love  coming home.  Nuf sed....
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

logman

Antarctica twice, rode a motorcycle from Md to Ca.
LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

Bill

Got to all the states east of Mississippi and purty near all of 'em west of Mississippi plus stepped into Canada and Mexico even saw a tiny piece across the pond - but ran outa money.

Most trips were "road trips" the best being back in the early 70's - me and a friend took $120 apiece and spent about 5 weeks driving thru NE to Canada and back on country roads - no tent - just used a big piece a plastic stuck inside the car door out to stakes/picnic tables and preferred roadside rests ( free and not too many people cared back then ) - good fun when it wasn't raining  . . .

mcfcfan

I have been too the following.
USA ( Washington DC, West Virginia, Ohio, Michigan,Wisconsin,Minnesota, Iowa,Texas, California)
Canada Onterio only.
Isle of Man (who knows where that is )
England
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
France
Belgium
Holland
Greece
Spain
Australia
Fiji
Vanuatu
Singapore
Hong Kong
And home is the land of the long white clound ( New Zealand )
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

Woodchuck53

Went around the bend a couple times.
So for 38 states, one spot in Canada, 3 tours in Africa, England and Belgium. Oh and Texas a few times.
But I always come back to well seasoned Louisiana.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

PineNut

Have been in all 50 US states and the following countries

Afghanistan
Belgian
Canada
France
Greece
Germany
Hong Kong
Iran
Italy
Mexico