iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The places you've been...

Started by inghamb87, March 31, 2010, 10:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inghamb87

Just wanted to see the diverse set of places you guys have been to. Could be a different state, country, etc. Would love to hear what you found interesting about these places

Tom

You go first.  I don't want to use up all of the paper.  :D

Coon

The dog house.... it was cold, dark, and smelled like wet dog..... and I ain't even got me no dog.  :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

logwalker

Everybody hurry up and answer so we can hear Tom's "Short Story".  ;)
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

DouginUtah

I've driven every major highway west of the Mississippi except for ~100 miles of I-70 west of Denver.

I've been to every state except West Virginia.

I've been to every Canadian province except the Maritimes.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Warbird

I've been to hell and back.  Wasn't any fun.  I am in a much better place now.  You?  :)

CHARLIE

Hmmmmmmmm.......Out of the U.S.
Germany, Luxembourg, France, Brittany, England, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Canada, Mexico. Iceland

U.S.
Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Washington DC, Maryland, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oklahoma.....

That's about it. I think.........
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

LeeB

Around the world a couple of times and hardly anywhere in the states. Singapore as a young child. Really fantastic place then. Don't know about it now, 40 years ago. Malaysia, Iran, Ecuador, Malta, Lybia, Egypt, Croatia, and off to Saudi next time I go back to work. Lived a good bit of my life in Texas and now in Arkansas. went to Florida once. Been to Alabama, Tennesee, Oklahoma, New Mexico,Misssissppi. Worked a good deal out of Louisiana. Been in airports all over the place. Ecuador was a grrgeat place to be a teenager. Malta had fantastic diving. Iran was interesting. It was during the time of the shaw. Worked 4 years in Egypt and didn't like it a whole lot. Croatia was beutiful with wonderfull people and lots af really good wine. Probably a good thing I'm not working there any more. I really do miss the food in Louisiana and the people too. I'll probably always be a Texan at heart btu I 'm getting to be quite a hillbilly too.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Since 1994, we have traveled/camped in 49 states, and every Canadian Province.   :)   There is a bit more bridge work to be completed before we can drive to Hawaii...... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bro. Noble

I've been to Branson when the 'strip' was a gravel road ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

OneWithWood

Da Woodshed a time or two  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

LeeB

Iguess I left out Missouri. I been there too.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

I've been to 46 of the 50 states.
The only ones I haven't been to are Delaware, Oregon, New Mexico & Arizona.

I've been to The Phillipines, Wake Island, Guam, Midway, Okinawa, Japan, Viet Nam, Thailand, North Korea & South Korea.

Some of them were just stop-overs and in others, we took up residency.

In the end, I was just glad to make it back HOME!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Texas Ranger

well, lessee, most of the states east of the Rockies, plus Arizona, Utah and New Mexico, Mexico, Germany, France, Luxemburg, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Congo, and Ethiopia.

Would not mind going back to all of them, 'cept the last two.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Been to every Canadian province and every Atlantic state except SC,NJ,RI,CT. Been to MN at the airport only and TN, was near the border of WV on an over look in the Jefferson NF in VA. I like it best right here in good old New Brunswick and our mixed wood Acadian Forest. No over whelming heat, no snakes, no gators, no fire ants.And the winter cold makes sure a whole lot of other nasty stuff don't make it either. :D And the most sunshine of anywhere in Canada. ;D Well, don't most of us like it back home best of all? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LOGDOG

Dave Shepard

I've been west as far as Chambersburg PA, North as far as Chesterville, ME, South as far as Old Saybrook, CT and east as far as Frankfurt Germany.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Sprucegum

I've been North to Alaska, West to Hawaii, South to California, and East to Toronto (they told me it was the center of the universe).

Since then I only want to go to my woodlot  8)  but I know when the wife gets her new car she is going to expect me to drive it somewhere  ???  ::)

Raider Bill

I've always dreamed of a motorcycle ride starting in Florida north into Canada across to Alaska then back through the  Rockie Mtn states. Some day I hope.

RynSmith

Wow, that makes my hindside hurt just thinking about it!   :o  :D

Raider Bill

Mine too butt it's on my list............... ;D

I'm thinking about a month.

logwalker

After a few days you will be fittin' the saddle pretty good. Butt those first few days can be rough.

Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Raider Bill

I did 6 k miles in 06 around the eastern sea board took 6 weeks but I was in no hurry either.

Thank You Sponsors!