iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ms 361

Started by clackster, March 29, 2010, 10:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clackster

Hello, Does anyone no where I can get a new 361? I know they are discontinued but hoping someone knows of someone who still has one one the shelf. I don't care about cost within reason, Just want another one as a spare. Thank you.

Cut4fun

windthrown

My supply of 361s is gone now. No more are available here.
Stihls: 440R, 361, 360, 310, 260, 211, 020T. Husky: 372xt.
I ship Stihl saws down under: message me for details.

567paloggger

I have a brand new 361 never seen gas or oil 18inch bar what do you want to pay for the saw

boobap

good ol supply and demand  ;)

clackster

I have a brand new 361 never seen gas or oil 18inch bar what do you want to pay for the saw?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Name your price. I don't need the bar but sure could use the saw.

567paloggger

well i know what there going for on ebay throw me a offer i have 3 361s and 2 are brand new never used im keeping one as a backup and maybe sell the one and get another 372xp or a 460

JohnG28

I was just in one of my nearby dealers for parts yesterday, they have a 361 sitting brand new on the shelf, only thing is is its the model with the extra rear handle brake, CQ model I think.  It was $630 I believe, and I looked at buying that saw a while back, they offered me 10% off.  PM me if your interested.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Radar67

Where did the information about them being discontinued come from? I spoke with my dealer Wednesday and he had not heard anything about that. He had one on the shelf too.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

peterc38

Quote from: Radar67 on April 02, 2010, 01:00:00 PM
Where did the information about them being discontinued come from? I spoke with my dealer Wednesday and he had not heard anything about that. He had one on the shelf too.

Apparently your dealer has been living in a cave the last 6-12 months. The MS361 has been discontinued for the MS362.

Stihl doesn't list the MS361 on their website anymore>>>> http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/professional.html
Kubota L4060 Cab
562XP
371XP
346XP
Fiskars "Super Splitter"
Logrite 60" Peavey
Huskee 22 ton splitter
2 Great Danes

windthrown

Yah, and on the Stihl web site you cannot even cheat and enter the 361 like you can the 440 to get the old data. You can stihl get the data from the German Stihl web site though (albeit they are for the European model 361 with a different muffler and cylinder, and more power).

The MS361 are all but gone from the dealer shelves here in the PNW. The MS362 replaced it some time ago. Your dealer has one of the last ones on his shelf there. My advice would be to buy it, and your dealer will be informed when he tries to replace it that they are gone. The 362 is more expensive, noticably heavier, and bulkier. They have bolt down air filters as well, which are harder to maintain but require less maintenance. Or so they say. I did not run the 362 long enough to need to clean the air filter.

Really, this is really old news... the 362 was in designed and development through 2008 and prototypes were field tested in 2009. Production stopped for making the 361 as of late last year in Virginia.  All Stihl saws have either been redesigned and replaced with the strato engines, or they will be soon.
Stihls: 440R, 361, 360, 310, 260, 211, 020T. Husky: 372xt.
I ship Stihl saws down under: message me for details.

sbhooper

Some dealers are way out of touch.  I was in a local Stihl dealer one day and the saw guy was doing some ordering.  I was looking at the saws and asked when he was getting some 362's as all they had was the 361.  He said he had never heard of it. 

I asked him when the last time was that he checked his catalog.  It was good fun as he is the type that thinks he knows everything.  He went into the office for a bit and came back out and said, "I guess that will be what I am ordering this time".  Funny.
My woods crew:

MS 361
MS 260
Husky 257
Husky 359

656 International w/grapple
Kawasaki Mule
Huskee 22 ton splitter

567paloggger

ill take 600 for the brand new never seen gas or oil 361 with 18inch bar no chain i used it on my other 361 pm me or lmk im going to post this up on the arborist site also im looking to get a new husky 365 or 372 wit hthe money lmk

SawTroll

Quote from: JohnG28 on April 02, 2010, 12:13:18 PM
I was just in one of my nearby dealers for parts yesterday, they have a 361 sitting brand new on the shelf, only thing is is its the model with the extra rear handle brake, CQ model I think.  It was $630 I believe, and I looked at buying that saw a while back, they offered me 10% off.  PM me if your interested.

The CQ adds some weight and complexity, and is only in the way - avoid!     ;)
Information collector.

JohnG28

Ya I know, thats why I didnt get it
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Thank You Sponsors!