iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I visited MR. Turner

Started by rockman, March 28, 2010, 02:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockman

OK, So here I am working in the Catskill Mtns. of New York, got rained out last Wednesday. Only 72 miles from Oxford N.Y. where Turner bandmills are built, I called and asked if I could come over and look around. Bill said sure, he had 3 mills ready to be shipped, so I drove over and WOW, these mills are nice.I had a nice visit with Mr. Turner, I can not wait til I have saved enough $ to buy one of these mills.
  Stay safe, Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

stonebroke

If you don't mind me asking what kind of work were you doing in the Catskill mtns? It is kind of a depressed area with not a whole lot of work. Some of the counties are losing population.

Stonbroke

shinnlinger

I think my Turner is a very good mill for the money.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Wintergreen Mountain

Rockman.

I would say that you probably saw my new mill at BILLS HOME. It was a 36" without the engine.
I'll be picking it up next month.

They are well built mills arn't they.
                                                      Wintergeen Mountain
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

rockman

Stonebroke, We are building roads and doing dirt work for the up coming dam reconstruction of the Gilboa dam.

Wintergreen mountian, Yes I did see your new mill, they are nice machines for sure
Husqvarna 455 rancher

stonebroke

You are working right over the hill( about 15 miles) from me. I live on top of warnerville hill, next to Cobleskill. They could not find Heavy equipment operators up here?

Stonebroke

rockman

Quote from: stonebroke on March 28, 2010, 04:41:49 PM
You are working right over the hill( about 15 miles) from me. I live on top of warnerville hill, next to Cobleskill. They could not find Heavy equipment operators up here?

Stonebroke

First, The job was an open bid job, Our company won the bid. Now, since it is a prevailing wage job, the owners decided to have local #106 out of Albany supply the labor. So, to answer your question, YES they could find heavy equipment operators up here.
Husqvarna 455 rancher

stonebroke

I am glad they are finally doing something about the dam. Afew years ago there was a big scare that if we had a flood two foot over the flood of record the dam would just lay down and the valley would have a wave 60 feet high go down it( Think Johnstown flood) They cabled the dam to prevent that. It was built in the 29's and never maintained. They estimated that it had lost 11% of its mass, and it is a masonry structure. Can you spell neglect.

Stonebroke

Toolman

Rockman, you will pleased with one of his mills. I took a trip up to his farm a couple years back and after looking them over, I ordered a 20 ft. Hydraulic Mill. 16 ft. was his standard, but he custom built the 20 footer for me. I've been pleased with it so far. Did he have or talk about his new Goliath Mill? He sent me e-mail about it but he has'nt listed it on his web site yet.

Tom
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

rockman

Quote from: Toolman on March 28, 2010, 09:14:39 PM
Rockman, you will pleased with one of his mills. I took a trip up to his farm a couple years back and after looking them over, I ordered a 20 ft. Hydraulic Mill. 16 ft. was his standard, but he custom built the 20 footer for me. I've been pleased with it so far. Did he have or talk about his new Goliath Mill? He sent me e-mail about it but he has'nt listed it on his web site yet.

Tom
Toolman, no he did not mention the goliath mill, I also would like the 20 foot mill, they sure do look like nice mills.
Husqvarna 455 rancher

petefrom bearswamp

Stonebroke,
Grew up in delanson and visited the Gilboa dam many times in the 50's and 60's .
The last time I was there a group of guys were trying to rescue a deer that had got on the first big step on the outflow side.
After much trying to lasso her, she jumped to successively lower steps and then to her death in the Schoharie below.
What a fiasco.
Glad to hear they are re-constructing it.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!