iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Welcome Rust Reaper

Started by Jeff, October 16, 2003, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have a new sponsor for the Forestry and Logging board.

Rust Reaper Multi Purpose Lubricants.

I am excited to have Rust Reaper as part of the forum. One of our silent ;D members, Mike_P, approached me earlier in the year about helping him develop a web presence for the product line he had developed. Mike had retired from a career in the petroleum products industry.

As an old engine and Iron aficionado (part of the name selection, from Mccormick Reapers) he had found that the needed products available to him as a now regular consumer for penetrating oils and lubes, just were not of the caliber he was used to during his professional days.

To make a long story short, Mike has developed a product to fill that need and I for one am sold on it. During development of the website I had opportunity to see the superior actions of this product by accident.

look here for the caption rusty tools:
http://www.rustreaper.com/cgi-bin/store/cp-app.cgi?pg=examples

Mike in turn is sold on the Forestry Forum so that makes him a perfect sponsor. I hope you folks will welcome him and his company Northco Products LLC and try his product. I know it will be superior to and replace what you are using now.

I'm kinda partial to that name too. I helped pick it out ;D  
www.rustreaper.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

shopteacher

I like anything and anybody who helps to fight rust. Here's a big welcome to the new sponsor.
[size=45]Welcome Rust Reaper[/size]
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Mike_P.

Thanks for the gracious welcome.  As Jeff said, I am one of the silent members, or have been.  I have enjoyed reading the postings in the Forum.  I've learned a lot and am impressed with the polite and helpful tone that exists throughout.

My interest in forestry and lumber is from outside the industry.  We have a small woodlot where we live and want to manage that wisely for future generations of our family.  As to sawmills, being a fan of things mechanical, I like the process and the smell.

Rust Reaper is a project that my wife and I talked about undertaking for some time.  Using this technology with our own old machines, we knew that we had a better lubricant.  We always figured that we would develop our own product and sell it when retirement came along.  That happened sooner rather than later, with me leaving one of the major oil companies in one of their restructurings.  It didn't feel good at the time, but it feels good now.

Part of our strategy is to have a Website that explains and supports our product and offers it for sale.  But, we wanted to do more than have the site be a sales tool.  Our goal is to have sections within the site that offer knowledge about lubricant use, safety and environmental issues and, for pleasure, photographs of old machinery.

Working with Jeff on the Rust Reaper Website has been a great experience.  I would recommend him highly.

Any questions, suggestions or comments that any of you might have would be welcome.

Thanks, again.

Mike P.

Frickman

When I first read it, I thought Rust Reaper killed rust, and that's where the name came from, "the grim reaper." Anyway, welcome Rust Reaper.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Jeff

Thats whats so cool about the name!  more then one way to look at it...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Mike_P

What products might we be trying to use now that your product 'replaces' and does the job better?  I will be anxious to try your product in the near future.

Wish you well
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dave719

Welcome to the board  liked the web site and will be visting for an oder in the next few weeks
Dave

SawInIt CA

Do ya have anything that repels sawdust ;D

Mike_P.

beenthere:
Thanks for the good wishes.

The best-known product that we compared ourselves to is WD-40.  We have formulated Rust Reaper with a lot more substance.  It has better lubricity, rust preventative capability and strength.  We found it penetrates better as well.

You would use Rust Reaper anywhere you would use a penetrating oil or multi purpose oil.  We've used it when doing undercarriage work on a crawler tractor, on door hinges, for tapping, on locks and guns, etc.  I think you would like it.

dave719:
Thanks for the welcome.  We'll be glad to hear from you.

SawInIt CA:
Sorry, I don't expect that Rust Reaper would repel sawdust.  It would attract less than a heavier viscosity lubricant or grease, for what that might be worth?  Thanks,

Captain

Welcome Mike, your product looks interesting and I'll surely give it a try.

I was wondering along the rust prevention qualities if it has the capabilities to outlast regular (WD 40 style) lubricants as a rust preventative coating.  I use penetrating oils now to coat my circular saw blade for their convenience, but I am not impressed with its capabilities to stay on the surface without evaporation.

Welcome again and thanks.

Captain

Mike_P.

Captain:

I expect that Rust Reaper will last longer than WD-40 on a saw blade.  You will get evaporation with our product as well.  The evaporation occurs in the carrier portion of the formula.  That assists in the "wetting out" and penetration.  What is left does the hard work of penetrating, lubricating, rust prevention, etc.  We use a wider variety and more substantive additives in Rust Reaper which will translate into better results.

There are some rust preventative test results on the Rust Reaper Website.  Those were run against WD-40 as well as some other products.  The Rust Reaper results were favorable compared to the other  products.

Thanks for the welcome and interest.

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!