iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered parts and an oil pump not working.

Started by SnoJetter, March 18, 2010, 10:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnoJetter

Hello - I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who has a stockpile of old stock Jonsered parts?  I'm in need of a few things for a model 535.

A few years back, I asked a similar question and was pointed to a fellow in New York (I think) and he had what I needed at the time.  Last summer I tried e-mailing him again, but didn't have success, and now I've lost his contact info.  Perhaps he's still out there?

By the way, I had 4 non-running Jonsereds last weekend (three 535's and one 455).  I managed to get one running after I found a cracked fuel line.  I inspected the others, and two of them had the same issue.  Now I've got all 4 running after a tinkering for all of 3 hours - not bad.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with 4 more chainsaws, though (for a grand total of 7).

I discovered that one of the 535's is not pumping oil to the bar.  Does anyone have experience diagnosing that problem?  Seems that oftentimes a bum oil pump means the saw is worthless.  But it runs so well, I'd hate to give up on it.

Thanks!

Kyle Sands <>< Alexandria, MN

sablatnic

It is probably the oil line from the tank, that has shrunk and is letting in air.
Try to fill the oil tank, start the saw, and lean it to the left, and it will start pumping if the line is defective. You will have to dismantle the saw to change the oil line.
Part number used to be 504 30 00-33.

celliott

Try the sponsor to the left, Scott at the chainsawr has many, many parts, and more than likely he will have what you need.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

bandmiller2

Quote Kyle, "what am I going to do with four more saws" why trip over them like the rest of us.Kyle clean up that oil pump and study it and its feed tube blow things out their a simple device and you should be able to figure exactly what the problem is. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SnoJetter

Thanks for the suggestions on the oil pump.  I'll take a look and see what I can find, but it's good to have a gameplan going into a project.

I'll contact chainsawr and see if they can help me.  I just found the name of the fellow I was pointed to several years ago: George Blake.  Does anybody know if he is still around selling parts?

I haven't tripped over my saws yet, but they are sitting on the floor of the shop next to the door.  It just may happen soon...

Regards,

Kyle Sands <>< Alexandria, MN

edmccabe

George Blake's is a source of JR parts & knowledge. His e-mail is   *** Removed by Admin ***

Please PM for his contact details - bad form to publish other peoples details on an open forum, I'm sure he gets enough spam already.

Admin

s grinder

Snowjetter,I tried George Blake a few months ago trying to get parts for my 70E,with no luck,called Scott @Chainsawr,told him what i needed,put me on a waiting list,he called me last week,parts were delivered Friday. Good people.

Thank You Sponsors!