iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

International wood business

Started by jim king, March 16, 2010, 11:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

If anyone would be interested as to what is happening and as to what the trends are in the international wood business you may find this report interesting.  It is sent out every couple of weeks by the ITTO and you can subscribe to it free if you are interested.
This link will get you there.

http://www.itto.int/en/mis_download/

fishpharmer

Jim thanks for such an interesting link.  Lots of information.  If nothing else it gave me an appreciation of the vast number of different species beyond my familiarity.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ron Wenrich

I know there are a lot of things you disagree with when it comes to tropical sustainability.  Do you think these guys are getting it right?  Or is it a mixed bag?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

jim king

Ron:

The ITTO report is definitly a mixed bag but for the most part favorable.  The whole industry in the third world is fighting the World Wild Life fund and others who know nothing but want to dominate these countries to raise more ,money to fill their pockets.  They know they dont stand a chance with trying to tell you guys up there how to live so they put thier efforts here.

They can be beat and common sense can prevail.  I just got a law passed after three years allowing us to harvest on a selective basis about 2,000,000 bf using chainsaws and bringing the wood out in cants by hand.  I will put a couple thousand people to work and get them out of the cocaine growing business.  All my production is going to China and is sold .  I am going back to work, no more retirement until I die.

pasbuild

Quote from: jim king on March 16, 2010, 08:33:03 PM

I just got a law passed after three years allowing us to harvest on a selective basis about 2,000,000 bf using chainsaws and bringing the wood out in cants by hand.  I will put a couple thousand people to work and get them out of the cocaine growing business.  All my production is going to China and is sold .  I am going back to work, no more retirement until I die.

Well done Jim..........people everywhere just want to be able to take care of there families and provide them with a better life. Good job on getting them through the red tape. 8)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!