iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE GUYS?

Started by dail_h, October 13, 2003, 05:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

When I came home from work today,there was a big ole charter type bus parked in the churchyard infront of my house.Having more nose than is usually good for me,I thought I'de bettercheck this out . Eight guys from Indiand are here for a week to work on storm damage.Boy there sure are some good folks around,and we're thankful cause we all have more than we can hardly do to clean this mess up.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

RavioliKid

I'm glad that people are on the spot to help you out.

How much longer do you think it'll be until you're all dug out?

RavioliKid

dail_h

Most people are getting along with the task,bout everybody has gotten the trees off house,but repairs are slow.Nearly all yards are still a mess,I still have about 3 full days of work on mine,no one to replac roof yet,hope these blue tarps holdup.
   Our church used to have one of the prettiest groves around for dinner on the grounds-----now,47 hickories,pecan and cherries are down,I never saw such a mess. No more grove. Timber in this area is truly a disaster,most of the mature pine is down,the hardwood is a little better,but not much---timber co's having a field day,all the pretty timber they couldn't buynthe are getting for almost nothing.
   We're making progress,but there is so much work,and everybody is in the same boat.It'll take months before things are back to normal.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Frank_Pender

Dail, it is always a wonderful feeling to have people stop in their busy lives tohelp someone out who is as challenged as you folks have been over the  last few weeks.   8)

As to the timber companies takeing advantage; the piper will come to their door one day.  

You can perhaps gather as much seed from the fallen tres in the "grove" and use them to rebuild the fallen grove.  You wll be doing two things: one, useing the same source of the previous grove and two, building memories for future generations to enjoy.  the best of fortune in you quest to clean your yard and the "grove".
Frank Pender

oldsaw

Nothing feels better than to help somebody else in need.  When Kansas City had their ice storm a year and a half ago, I the old Homelite got a lot of hours.  Me and my then 7 year old son (good branch hauler) helped 5 people get cleaned up.  There is nothing like the look on the face of an older person when you show up to get the big tree that just missed the garage chopped up into reasonably sized pieces, and then have your friend pick up most of it to use for firewood.  The problem is gone, and two people got helped in the process.

Hope the cleaning goes well.  It is a terrible thing on the surface, but the new friendships and respect for your neighbors that develops from times like this often make the property damage seem a bit more unimportant.  What is important is that you and yours, and your neighbors are okay.  You can buy a new car or a new roof, but, people aren't nearly as expendible.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Thank You Sponsors!