iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Odor eating trees?

Started by Jeb, March 13, 2010, 11:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeb

Okay here's one that may get a laugh or at least a few interesting responses.   8)

As I've written in other posts, I'm in the process of buying a farm (not 'buying the farm').  We are going to build a barn and I was wondering if there might be a species of tree that we could plant between the barn and the house that would not only obstruct the view (at least partially) but would also actually absorb some of the aromas generated by the animals in and around the barn.  I plan to keep the barn area clean but when things get out of hand it would be nice to have a natural odor eater as a back-up system.

If not absorbing the odor perhaps a scented tree that has a pleasant aroma?  Like cedar?

Any ideas?

--Jeb

Gary_C

It's not a laugh but there has been some research that shows vegitation or just trees can absorb odors from hog confinement buildings in particular. Don't remember the particulars but it should be somewhere to be found.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

PineNut

I read something on this several years ago including varieties and spacing. Go to goggle and search on "trees odor control". I just tired that and found several sites with info on it.

Thank You Sponsors!